Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Answer to your 1st question only, 50 minutes and that was with a change of bus in Bodrum as large coaches cannot get into some parts of Turgetreis as they cant turn round the very small corners.
Thanks for that RWB46 - I was working on the basis of at least an hour so any less than that will be a bonus - hey it's all part of the fun of being on your hols :D

xx
We've Just Recently Returned From Turgetreis and Stayed Near The La Blanche ( It Looks Beautiful There, We Walked Past It Everyday.. Good Choice) Anyway.. It Took Us 1hour 20mins From The Airport. We Had A Few Drop Offs..Some In Bodrum and Then Into Turgetreis, We Were Last Off Too! :D
Hi Kirsty. What did you think to Turgetreis?
Hi pargaluvva
I'm not Kirsty but I've just returned from 2 weeks in Turgutreis so I thought I'd put my two-pennorth in - hope you don't mind. :wink:

We stayed at the Otel Irme, a small 26 room hotel directly across from the Marina.

We've not been to Turkey for 11 years (last time was Turgutreis in 1998) so we were a bit unsure what we'd find.
Actually, we loved it and are talking about maybe going back in September if we can get a good deal.
The major changes being the marina and the AI hotels but we thought the town itself fairly unchanged.

It was very quiet in the bars and restaurants for the first week and a half (we arrived there 22nd June), the general concensus seems to be that the AI hotels are killing a lot of the trade in the local places.
We ate out every lunch and dinner (B&B in the hotel), didn't stint ourselves on food or drink at all (bottle of wine every evening with our meal, beers on the beach during the day, G&Ts on the way back to the hotel from the beach and on our way out to dinner), had some wonderful food and (based on the prices for our hotel and La Blanche for same period and same flights), we spent around £50 per person more than if we'd gone AI.
I do apprciate that AI works very well for some people, especially families with kids but I'm sure that we would never have had the variety of food that we actually ate in any of the AI hotels.

The beach that we went to mainly (in town in front of Nutters Bar and Sandal Bar) is a bit gritty, the sea does have some pebbles in the shallow part and it does shelve steeply but the sunbeds are free (you're sort of expected to buy a drink or two from the bars) and we had MUCH more room between them than the ones we saw close to the promenade at Aegean Dreams.

Are you thinking of going?

What are the beaches like in Parga?
A friend of mine is looking for a week away and her criterion is a good beach.

Regards
Thanks KiRsTyC. I don't mind the journey - especially when it's somewhere new it's always nice to have a wee look at the other hotels too when dropping folk off :) Glad you had a great time.

Thankfully my daughter is good travelling!!

Can't wait now.......8 sleeps to go.............spare room looks like a bomb site as we just keep chucking stuff in thats going to go in the cases. No doubt it'll be my job to try to sort it out and fit it all in the cases...wouldn't have it any other way though ...hubby would no doubt forget to pack something important (like my straighteners).

xx
we went to turgutreis last summer , all i want to say is if you have any children please keep an extra eye on them as there was a very strange man behaving inappropriately towards children that we encountered there last yr,he was known to our hotel too , so he was local , we stayed in the aegean dream next door to the la blanche hotel, which looked far nicer than our hotel . i dont want to put anyone off their hols just want you to be extra careful as ive been going to turkey for over 26 years and up to 6 times a year and this is the 1st time ive had any problems with my children.

this hasnt put me off turkey though and we are going in 3 days , and are totally unorganised :duh
Thanks for that ellie_meg. I think I read about your experience on this forum somewhere....I suppose you get these vile people everywhere, not just on holiday.....it's also trying to get the balance of not wrapping her in cotton-wool and giving her a bit of freedom - ain't this parenthood thing difficult at times!!

Anyway - hope you have a fab time on your hols. Don't panic 3 days is loads of time to get organised :)

xx
yes and it was the first time i had let her out of my sight,i felt safe in an all inclusive and she had 2 older girls with her, how wrong can you be

can see me washing and ironing all weekend to get ready in time lol. we are off to our apt where we know loads of people and feel totally safe in the lovely akyaka :tup

hope you have a good holiday too
thanks ellie_meg hope you and yours all have a fab time. Just keep thinking of how relaxed you'll be when you get there - that should help see you through the chores this weekend! :sun

xx
We are flying on the 13th July and staying at the La Blanche. Can't wait!
Hello, my parents have just got back from this hotel and they loved it, had a really good time there, said the pool was wonderful. They made me jealous. So sounds like you picked a good un!!

Have a good time
ruth
About 30 hours to go before we fly, who hoo!
Ah you making me jealous, have a fab time... We got 6 weeks to wait :cry
Were looking to go to this hotel next june with 2 small children aged 6 and 4.

I cant see any mention of the hotel having a play area.
Can anyone tell me what facilities it has for children

Thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.