Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello again Danielle, never stayed there myself but have stayed at the sister hotel St Georges complex, we were lucky and had a nice clean and comfortable quiet room, others haven't been so lucky both their and in the La Vallette, my advice is this, if you have any doubts then follow your instincts, if it was me I would be looking at one of the nicer 3 or 4 star hotels around the bay in Sliema, some examples of these are The Preluna, The New Tower Palace, The Plaza Regency, The Imperial, The Marina etc etc plus many more, Chevron offer all of these hotels at fairly reasonable prices, please let me know if you need any more information about these hotels or Sliema, St Julians, or Malta in general.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi Danielle

I have not stayed at the hotel but we do visit Malta every year and did have experience of many years ago of staying at an apartment across the road that had the BENEFIT of being able to use the facilities at St Georges etc.

We do though stay at other accomodation locally and so know the area very well.

Whatever you do please do not book this dump of a Hotel. You will regret it if you do.

There are many places in Malta with clean and decent budget accommodation.

Please see a recent review from another website:

*Edit due to copyright reasons we cannot accept reviews from another site - Glynis*
Glynis - is it possible to keep a link to the other website ?
Hi, i've stayed at La vallette once and St Georges four times. As you can tell, St Georges is the better of the two. Its a great price and always clean. We've always gone self catering, so can not comment on the food quality. We saw La Vallette being built in the early 90's. Thought it looked nice so stayed when it had opened. The rooms were small, staff always looked overworked and for some reason it just seemed like it was a few years old and not new. I think there were teething problems. If you are on a budget, try St Georges Park. Hope that helps you.
Hi dizzy
when was it that you stayed at La Vallette?
Hi spence
If my memory serves me correct, it was 1996 or 97!! Quite a while ago. We did prefer St Georges though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.