America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Not a problem. Take it out of the bag for airport X-ray and remember to take an adapter to plug into the mains for recharging. WiFi available in a lot of places; free in some Mc Donalds and Starbucks. Well if you buy a hamburger or a coffee!
Can I just add to be careful when you take your laptop out of the bag to go through security. Try and ensure another member of your party goes through before you put the laptop through so they can pick it up at the other end. I read of a case recently on another forum where someone had their laptop stolen right off the conveyor belt when it went through the other side of the x-ray machine. Allegedly, this happened at Orlando International and the US authorities weren't interested. When I recently went through Atlanta, I kept a close eye on mine. There were loads of people going through security with laptops, some got held up when they set the machine off and had to be body searched. Easy for an opportunist to pick up your laptop and head off into the crowd.
Personally, Orlando has far too much to cram into a short space of time to even consider spending anytime on a laptop, which I do on a regular daily basis anyway. I can understand you want to avoid major phone costs but a $10 international phone card often goes a long way these days and is perfect for touching base at home.

If you do decide to take it, very very sound advice from KH2508 above.
thanks again everyone... good advise

laura
ain't mobile companys getting rid of roaming charges or is that next year?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.