General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
laptop dongle
6 Posts
Hi and welcome to HT!

You may be able to buy one abroad. The alternative is to take an unlocked dongle and buy a sim card over there.

luci :wave
thanks Luci
i will try this
If the laptop is Wi-Fi enabled she might be able to find a free network that lets her log on, worth a try as that is what I use now.

Graham
Depends where you are going as to whether the dongle works. We've always tried to find a free hotspot. Most McDs have free wi-fi and we usually just find a quiet (!) corner, have a coffee and access the internet for as long as we want.
We did just what Luci has suggested when we went on hol last year. We bought an unlocked dongle over here then when we got to spain went to 'The Phone House' which seems to be the Spanish version of carphone warehouse and bought a Yoigo sim card to use in it. Yoigo, I think can only only be used in spain but we found the coverage in both Costa Del sol and Benidorm great and the cost to go on the internet cheaper than other providers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.