Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
cruger,

You might find member reviews of the Lara Beach Hotel useful. Efes will be on tap, don't worry! Weather can be hit and miss in April. You'll still be able to get a tan, but you could get rain and cloudy days as it is a little early in season. There's plenty of weather information on the WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As thread.

Darren
hi cruger. we are going on the 19th of january,we know the weather is cold at this time of year as we have been before.
we also know there is building work going on to the left of lara beach hotel. i have been in touch with the hotel via there
web site... http://www.hotellarabeach.com send them an e-mail and ask them what conserns you most,i did and they e-maild me back
the next day....i will let you know what i think about the place when we get back. ... Gavin
You have got a good deal, and it is a good hotel.
With Easter coming early in 2010, then the summer concept will possibly kick in as from 1st April for most of the AI's, but obviously some of the outdoor activities and a la cartes are determined by weather conditions, so some may not be fully up and running.

Water slides shouldn't prove a problem, although water a little cold (Bleepin freezing) but kids will love it.

Good time of year to go, we always go end April/May and again in September.

You will have some lovely sunny days, be able to lie out in the sun, go a nice colour, and have a few glasses of efes.......Oh yes!
Cocktails will be on the bar menu, and if you can't see it, ask, sometimes they are a little backwards at coming forwards with the cocktails............

It will be quite cool of an evening, but, a cardi, shrug, (for the ladies, or whatever floats yer boat) and a short sleeved shirt or T for the guys, should do the trick.

Lovely time of year to go, and if it has saved you so much cashola, then go again September....Bring it on.

:sun2
Don't forget that Lara Beach is a year round resort and does not close down for the winter though it does close a few bars etc it will still be a great place to visit.

I see that you have 2 weeks booked so maybe an idea to get out an about and do a few trips into Antalya and maybe visit the waterfall and have a nice meal while sitting along side it.

John
Hi John.If you are talking about Lower Duden Waterfall where it flows over the cliffs and into the sea, then the Restaurant is no more.Demolished by the local council as was the tea garden.The whole area is pretty bleak now to say the least.Higher Duden Waterfall is still ok.No changes there.

Ian
Hi Rik

Not Sure which one you are on about but this was out of Antalya ( I drove it as well and can't think of the road)

Did it at the end of September this year.

I hope it hasn't gone as it was a nice place.

I will try to get a few pics up the let me know if its the one you are talking about.

John
Hi cruger

I visited this hotel in June 07 and it was great. As I went in a different season I can't comment on what facilities will be in use, but can tell you that Efees was the main lager there and part of all inclusive however the cocktails were not included. The slides in June time were only open at specific times of days. As for the building work, I know it stops during the summer so it didn't effect us but I believe in April they would be working, however Id imagine it must be nearly finished now and mainly internal work they would be doing in the adjacent hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.