Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I haven't been to Lara Beach either but from what people I know who have been there have said it is pretty much in the middle of nowhere with just hotels.

The Bodrum Peninsula on the other hand has so mnay different resorts and villages and places to visit. As you have been before you know how easy it is to get around by dolmus.

Bodrum wins for me every time :)
Thanks Kedi. I'm just torn because the reviews for the Lara hotels were really ideal - but while my family and I want to me pampered, we would go insane sitting in a hotel for 10 days.

Just out of curiosity, which resorts have you stayed in around Bordum? We are looking @ the Paloma Yasmin over in Turgutreis because it sounds like it has great kids facilities. The last time my wife and I visited was before my son was born, so we don't know the best places to go with kids ;)
cheers!
Well I actually lived there for 3 years when my daughter was a baby so I have been to most of the resorts. When we go back for a holiday we stay in apartments or a villa, usually near Gumbet but last year we were in Yalikavak. I haven't stayed in any of the big hotels. How old is your son?
He's 5. Actually my wife is Turkish and we normally like staying in villas as opposed to resorts. But without diving into too much detail, let me just say we haven't had a holiday of any kind for over 2 years and last year....well last year (like everyone) sucked royally - so we need some proper pampering. :)
If you like to venture out then definitely Bodrum area - so much more easily accessible ruins/history etc

Turgetries area stayed in Yasmin Bodrum; Aegean Dreams and Kadikale resort

Lara Beach stayed at Limak Lara

Limak Lara was best hotel but definitely more of an eastern European outlook.

Not much outside the hotels other than a road with other resort hotels and some small malls - still being developed. Was easy to get the dolmus into Antalya city - approx 30 mins away.
Hello djhomeless,

We have been to Lara Beach many times. We have stayed at the Barut Lara and the Concorde hotels. Both were fantastic, as a family, of 5, we had plenty to do and didn't need to leave the hotels. From what I hear all the hotels there are top notch, all inclusives with loads of activities. We have friends who have been to the Delphin Palace, Lara Beach, Kavansarry and Royal Wings, all got glowing reports. In addition Lara Beach is only a 15/20 minute ride from the airport.
Theres not much to do outside the hotels, Antalya is a short dolmus ride away. You can book the usual excursions, cheaper when bought outside the hotel, you'll pay more if you use your holiday rep.
Hope that helps :wave:
I've stayed at Delpin Palace in April last year and it was fantastic. You do however have to be satisfied with staying in the hotel or paying to go out on trips. The local shops are extremely expensive, so we tended to stay within the grounds of the hotel. My husband 7 year old son and I are quite happy to do this, so it wasn't a problem for us. There were only a few English families there at the time, but we just made really good friends of the ones that were there. As far as 5 star hotels go, this was amazing, from the food to the pools to the service.
I have booked to go to The Royal Wings in Lara Beach 1.04.12, just wondered if anyone had been at this time and knew if the water slides were working.
we have stayed at several hotels in Lara beach. They are all ultra 5* luxury hotels and they do have loads to do in the hotels grounds, but unfortunatly there really is nothing to do in the surrounding area except shop! No bars and restaurants as such.
It is easy to get a dolmus to Antayla city and there is everything you could possibly want there and more.
Depends what kind of a holiday you want really!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.