America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Great report, thanks for posting.

Interesting that that Grand Lux Cafe standards dipped when they were busy on Christmas Day. I love the Cheesecake Factory (and Grand Lux is owned by the same guys) but I have often found that CF actually improves the busier they are. Certainly one of my best ever meals was on New Years Eve in Washington D.C. in 2005 where the wait time was 90mins and the restaurant was the busiest Cheesecake Factory I have ever been in!!!!

I think I'm right in saying that there are two Grand Lux Cafes? One in the Venetian and one in the Palazzo. I remember on another forum somebody mentioning that one was infinitely better than the other, but I can't remember which way round it was. It is definitely on my list of restaurant for next time we are in Vegas!!!!

Ju
Many thanks for posting your detailed report! :tup
Thanks very much for the report. Do you have any photos of the Rio room? We are booked in there in May and wondered what the rooms are like.

As for the gambling, it's the other way round for us. I really enjoy it, the OH prefers to spend his money on shopping. :rofl
Great report, too bad about the colds.

I'm another one who had a bad meal at the Grand Lux at the Venetian after hearing such good things about it. We both had steaks and they were what you would expect in the UK, not the US.

Some great rates on the Encore at the moment, but that may be until they get their teething troubles ironed out like the Palazzo did. We had a Fortuna suite at the Palazzo on the 49th floor which was too high to see anything! But the suite was fabulous.

luci :wave
Unforunately we didn't take any photos of the Rio rooms, we had a suite in the Masquerade Tower and they are not refurbished, I have heard since that the suites in the Ipanema Tower have been, so it's best to ask for these but our suite was good, couldn't complain at all even though we weren't sure we have made the right choice overall we enjoyed staying in the Rio.

All the Grand Lux meals we had were at the Palazzo, Haven't tried the Venetian yet, the first two were excellent, but Chrismas day evening it was very busy and the meal was not very warm and the food seemed a bit old, we should have planned our Christmas day a little better (hopefully next Christmas).
we have eaten at Cheescake factory before and it's been good.

We were very pleased with the Palazzo rooms, but we will see what the Wynn or Encore prices are like next Christmas. we have been pleased with most hotels we have stayed at in Vegas and were pleasantly surprised at how good Bills was, we stayed at the Mirage last year and this was our least favourite I know the rooms have been refurbished since and they were a little tatty for the cost then but it was so noisy and took forever waiting to buy a coffee in the morning. The hotels you expect least from always come out on top.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.