America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Have a look HERE which lists some of the restaturants in Vegas, but not all.

There is Prime at Bellagio and also Olives which has patio seating overlooking the fountains.

There is a restaurant at the Eiffel Tower which is supposed to be nice although I've read that you ar paying for the view rather than the food. There is also the Top of the World restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere tower.

We haven't eaten at any high end places, eg $100-$150pp, but do enjoy going to Mon Ami Gabi. It's a French steakhouse at Paris opposite the Bellagio fountains. They have patio seating, but you can't book it in advance, you can go on a wait list once you arrive and will get seated in around an hour depending on how busy they are. The menus and prices are on the link above.

luci :wave
thanks Luci will check that out - I'm not really sure at the prices for top end food (although I've been to Vegas we generally ate at the Buffets, apart from the Wedding Breakfast at the Strat :D ) so I was guessting at $100 pp :? Is this about right?

Nicky
You may get a meal at a high end place for $100, but that would be without drinks. Wine is quite expensive and can hike the bill up. Most of what I see quoted are usually around $100-$150pp and more in some places.

We were just over $100 for both at Mon Ami Gabi, but it's not regarded as a high end place.

It may be worth calling some of the places they are interested in and asking the average price of an entree.

If paying a bit more isn't a problem then I would suggest Alize at the top of the Palms.
The most amazing service I have ever had in a restaurant and the food was equally amazing. Cost us about $300 for two and we also bought a bottle of champagne for £400 so it was an expensive one......but for a special occasion it's hard to beat. The views from the 55th floor of the Palms over Vegas are possibly even better than the top of the Stratosphere.

TC
Go where real steak lovers go-
Morton's Steakhouse or
Ruth's Chris steakhouse.
Pricey, but the best.
My wife and I had a great meal at The Rio, in the restaurant one floor below the Voodoo Lounge.

We both had fillet steak with half lobster tail and the food was excellent as well as reasonably priced. Dining in the resraurant entitled us to entry to the Voodoo Lounge once we had eaten.

The view of the strip, from both the lounge and the restaurant, is also worth the visit.
Hi there,
Im really excited about getting married in June 08 at the chapel of the flowers and there are 16 of us but Im struggling to find a decent restaurant where I wont feel like Im making a complete spectacle of myself (hard in a wedding dress I know! and no time to change as married at 5pm) and the people wont mind too much of a nice wedding party of all ages- would also like a decent -but not stuck up- restaurant - has anyone been for a meal after a wedding anywhere they may be able to help me with? Someone mentioned Lawrys off the strip ? Any help will REALLY be appreciated so much!!
Do you have an idea of a price per head as that will help people narrow it down for you?

We've never been to any of the high end places. The fanciest places we've been are Bally's Steakhouse and Mon Ami Gabi. At MAG the entrees are $25-$35 and dessert around $8.

Be aware that wine is quite expensive in Vegas by the bottle. A glass is around $8-9.

Thanks so much for this - I think my dad will be paying towards the meal - around 1000 dollars and we can put in more too so between 16 of us thats around 65 dollars per head??

Cheers for any help
That would put some of the high end places out of your budget. Mon Ami Gabi would fit the bill if that price includes drinks.

You can look at their menu at http://www.usmenuguide.com/monamigabi.html

Perhaps someone else can suggest an alternative.

we got married in vegas in August 2006, there were only three us, me, hubby and daughter.
We rounded our day off at the Rio buffet less than $100 for the three of us, and a great selection of food, no funny looks a few complements and lots of congratulations, we even went to see Penn and Teller (hence the choice of the Rio for dinner). A great night out and a memorable end to an unforgettable day. I could only pick one fault for the day, I was far too hot in my dress, wish I had gone for a less traditional outfit as it was hot and heavy!

Phone the hotel your staying at and see if they can organise something for you, or suggest somwhere, but don't be disappointed if they don't get too enthusiastic, I saw a multitudes of bridal parties while we were there and there seem to be as many busy chapels as there are hotels (and there are quite a few of them).

Good Luck, congratulations and enjoy it, no matter where you choose, I'm sure you will all enjoy it.

YIPPEE
I am getting married on new years eve 2008 in las vegas and now i need a place to celebrate afterwards so if anyone has any information i would be very grateful :cheers
Might be good if you could let us know what your likes/dislikes are. Did you want somewhere for a wedding breakfast or a party? Somewhere upbeat, somewhere family friendly or somewhere more adult?
Also what time the wedding is would help, ie what time you would be wanting your meal and budget, $X per head as prices vary widely.

http://www.usmenuguide.com might give you some pointers.

Be aware that NYE is the busiest and most expensive night for accommodation in Vegas so I would book ASAP if you haven't done so already.

i have already booked we are staying at the venetian and we have booked the wedding for 4 p.m at the little church of the west.There will be some kids there aswell so somthing to cater for all ages at about 50 to 70 dollars a head :tup
For that price range I would suggest Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. You can get steaks for $30-40. You can see the menu in the link I gave earlier.

Bear in mind that drinks can be expensive in Vegas and a glass of wine is $7-10.

Mon Ami Gabi is a very popular spot for these types of thing. You would certainly have to book this very soon!

There are others, like top of the Strat restaurant, top of the Eiffel Tower one, Voodoo at the Rio (great views of strip - but maybe not for kids???)........or maybe something in the Bellagio (Olive's I think overlooks the lake). Have a look at the menus online.

Venetian is great by the way!
i am thinking of having a stag do this year in cardiff.has any1 been to cardiff?is it any good? ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.