America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Las Vegas Shows
67 Posts
Cameras are forbidden.
Cellphones and flash and screaming babys really irritate everyone too.

As the shows progress,, you can watch the theater employees marching up and down the eisles asking people to put their cameras away.
Both still and video.
Definatly recommend Blue Man Group at The Venetian and Penn & Teller at the Rio.

I was under the impression Blue Man Group was just music but only half of the show was music, the rest was comedy, very funny.

Penn & Teller were great, some great tricks, some they showed you how they did it, some they didn't including their famous catching the bullet in the teeth. Also very funny and afterwards were in the foyer for autographs and photos.
Beatles "Love" was very good and the sound was amazing. I can't say excellent as Cirque du Soleil shows aren't quite my thing, but I did enjoy it.

Also saw Legends in Concert which was very good. I really didn't fancy the line up - Bobby Darrin, Britanny Spears, Garth Brooks, Sting, the Temptations and Elvis - but I thoroughly enjoyed it apart from almost falling asleep due to jetlag.

An excellent show is the Beatles tribute Fab Four at the V Theatre in the Desert Passage. It was $69 for two people for VIP seating with a 2 for 1 coupon. General admission is $59 each.

luci :wave
Im going to see barry manilow and it's cost me $300
Going in September.......Is it better to book tickets for shows online or do you get better deals when you get there?

Thanks

Gareth
If you are going to see the top shows such as Celine, O, Mystere, Love, etc definitely book them in advance as they are likely to be sold out once you get there. I prefer to call rather than book online so that I can choose my seats. If you use 0844 861 2121 before the 001 the call will only cost 1p/min.

For shows such as Mamma Mia, Legends in Concert and any of the afternoon shows, you will probably be able to get them at one of the half price ticket outlets. There is one at the Fashion Show Mall and another at the Hawaiian Marketplace just south of Planet Hollywood.

If you list the shows you are thinking of seeing I can advise further.

Another good show is The Rat Pack are back at the Greek Isles if you like swing you will love this show Dean Martin, Sammy Davies and a young Frank Sinatra excellant value for money.
Got to agree with the Rat Pack.

Get the half price tickets at the booth then as you walk in the door see the man letting you in and slip him $20 and he will put you in a booth for the best view in the place and makes you feel a little special.

I had a quick look last night and I will be booking again Glen Campbell and Barry Manilow for the end of November and will keep my eyes open to see who else is about.

John
Celine Dion is an amazing show. Well worth the pricey ticket.

Definately the Fab Four at the Alladin. These guys are amazing. They are in my opinion the best Beatles tribute band in the world. Far far better than the Bootleg Beatles. I know them all personally & they are a super bunch of people.

I did not rate the legends show at all. Their Beatles tribute was a disgrace, in fact the whole show was appalling.
We thought the Fab Four were brilliant the first two times we saw them. Saw them again in May and they weren't nearly so good as George Harrision and John Lennon were now played by different people who weren't a patch on the original two. That said, it was still a good show and I might see it again.

Have seen Legends three times and really enjoyed it. I think it depends who's in the line up. The only poor act we've seen was Shania Twain.

Need to book Tom Jones?
Advisable to get the best seats. The theatre only holds 746 people, but the tickets are all the same price, $75, whether you are in the front row of the last row.

Seen him twice and he's great even though I'm not what you would call a fan. Called the MGM to book so that I could choose my seats and last time we were in the 3rd row centre with a brilliant view.

If you use 0844 861 2121 before the 001 it will only cost you 1p/min.

Let us know what you decide to book.

Hi,

I was thinking of going to see the V Variety Show at the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood, as it says, it has something for everyone.

Has anyone been and what do you think?
Do you think I should buy tickets beforehand or as we are staying at the Planet Hollywood, do you think there will be special offers through them?

Thanks
search http://www.vegas4locals.com you can print a 2for1 voucher
for the show V
ann
We saw V the Variety Show about a year ago as hubby won tickets in the free daily slot pull.

I wasn't expecting much, but we really enjoyed it. There were some really funny comedy acts, a magician, acrobats, etc. The show we saw was definitely worth half price, but I wouldn't have paid full price for it. I think the acts change all the time so you may see a different show.

What a terrific site Ann, I shall certainly be keeping my printer busy over the next few days.

thanks Luci for your thoughts on the show, as you say, with the vouchers it is worth it, I think it will be something for us all to enjoy.

Thanks
I notice that site only gives you $10 off the show. You would be better off getting tickets at Tix4Tonight at half price. There is a coupon on there to get $2 off their service charge of $4.

There is a 2 for 1 coupon though for Fab Four, a Beatles tribute, and that's defintely worth it as it's a very good show.

The voucher that i have printed out for V is 2 for 1
it states regular price $59+ tax buy one and admit
one free of charge,there is no expiry date so hope its
good for September.
Ann
I must be looking in the wrong place as I can only see $10 off or free dinner with show.

Do you have a link direct to the coupon?

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.