Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Have a look on the site you are booking with and look at what they still have on sale that usually gives an indication of where you will be, but that's no guarntee,
If it specifies resort eg Sunny Beach you should be OK but if it says Sunny Beach Area it could be anywhere.

Also Balkan Holidays are using Bourgas for holidays in the North of Bulgaria(Varna area) which could mean a fairly long transfer time.

AOA in Bulgaria can end up in 2* accommodation which is not recommended, try and get 3* or above.

Patka
Have a look on the site you are booking with and look at what they still have on sale that usually gives an indication of where you will be, but that's no guarntee,

Allocation on arrival might not even be a hotel in any brochure or website.

It's a common complaint that "They put me in this hotel not in the brochure and miles away from the airport or anywhere", but that's how it can work.

Peter
I agree with Patka, always go for 3* or above. You will see why when you see some,( not all ) of the 2* ones.

8) Toonman
We were about to book the amrvel hotel for really cheap but we delayed by a day and now its gone. looks like its going to be an allocation on arrival now.

So flying into borgous means we could potentially stay in Sunny beach, Golden Sands or Nessbar? There all pretty lively aernt they and on the beach?

I dont mind its really cheap. Most of the hotels seem to be booking out now for next week (13thJuly onwards is whn were going) so we'll have to moce fast!
No, you could end up ANYWHERE, and Golden Sands is hilly, several places are rather isolated. Many of the hotels you could be offered are not near the beach and are poor, be very careful.

Patka
We're landing in Bougas now (originally varna but changed a few weeks ago)and are based in Albena!! 3hrs+ transfer so you could end up anywhere :?
TC 8)
Well we guarented a 3 star and going half board. We were told by the Travel agency it will be Sunny Beach or Golden Sands as there the only places they send people to.

Fingers crossed its ok!
good luck gary the great :lol:
hope everthing is ok,at least if you are guarenteed a 3* then it shouldn't be too bad,at the end of the day you get what you pay for and as long as the room is clean.....
Happy hols
TC 8)
If you are booked through Balkan your travel agent is sadly mistaken regarding them only sending you to Golden Sands or Sunny Beach.

Have you got it in writing that it will be 3*.

You could be anywhere unless it specifically states a named resort.

Wishing you all the very best.

Patka
Agree with Patka, I did an AOA to the Varna area in 2004 and was allocated a non-brochure hotel in the Sveti Konstantin area, others went to Alen Mak, so your travel agent is ill-informed.

If an area is specified by Balkan (i.e. Varna or Burgas), you can find yourself anywhere in that geographical area.

-------------------

@ TC,
We're landing in Bougas now (originally varna but changed a few weeks ago)and are based in Albena!!

That's a totally different issue from AOA - all of Balkan Holidays Cardiff flights appear to be going into Burgas Airport this season, wherever you're staying.

Baldur
Going with Budget Ireland, not balkan.

TBH i dnt really mind were we go!
Have a great time Gary the great,we booked ours 18 months ago with 1st choice and have had changes to the arrival airport :( (still flying from manchester)at least if your not sure where you are going it wont be a disappointment .
Good luck
TC 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.