Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I watch it :) It was quite interesting. There was nothing new in the programme, most of the advice they gave has been around for a while but it was still an interesting watch and emphasised some important safety precautions which a lot of passengers wouldn't normally be thinking of. Some very good advice.

Safe flying,

Darren
I caught the tale end of the programme, so I am hoping it will be repeated at some point.
Blimey, that site takes forever to load, even on BB! Looks like the tips are on video clips. Will watch them after Corrie!

luci :wave
Daz,

Got to agree that it's all old hat common sense however, common sense goes out the window in a situation like that.

One example was the use of life jackets inside a sinking aircraft. The amount of passengers that perished due to inflating their life jackets before exiting the fuselage was astronomical. It's an instant reaction to inflate the jacket but that caused many passengers to become trapped in the fuselage and drown.

Common sense that inflating the jacket would cause you to float to the top of the sinking fuselage but Horizon pointing it out may save lives i the future.

Van :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.