Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Leather Shoes
11 Posts
A shoe shop in Calangute does this, it's called , I think, Arson Shoes, it's close to the Plantain Leaf Resturant in the High St. They show you a Churchs shoe catalogue ( they cost plenty in U.K.) You pick the style you want, mostly brogue style, they then measure both your feet and you return a couple of days later for them. The soles are made of buffalo hide, or so they told me, and they stood up fine to the worst of the Scottish winters Pricewise I paid abot £20 which was, on reflection, way to much, but I was so impressed with the result, I did'nt barter as I should have Alan
Thanks Gramps.
We were there over Christmas & New Year and looked for this shop but could not find it. We are going back same time this year and will give it another go. I was told there is a place that may do them on the road from Calangute to Arpora.
Unless anyone can suggest anywhere else?
What about Mapusa or Panaji?
Any help appreciated.
The place in Arpora is right next to Ingo's Market. They do lovely shoes (pixie and flower fairy styles), not sure that they would be much good in the snow!!

GFFxx
I bought some shoes at Arson in Calangute last Christmas. They have two shops, one on either side of the main road in Calangute. I didn't have them specially made but you don't forget the name in a hurry.
Sadly the man at Arson shoes in Calangute told me they did not make shoes anymore,because he can earn a better income from selling cheap mass production footwear. Asked many times for cobblers/shoemakers but nobody seemed to know of one.sorry i can't help you. Martin
I heard there was a Jimmy Chew shop somewhere in Calangute. Does anyone know about this as my wife is desperate to buy a pair.
i love that little shop near the race track,i love the way the toes curl up on the shoes,must get some this year,
i love the name of the shop
* you have to be special to walk in our shoes*
cool
Jimmy Choo in Goa........I seriously doubt it, imagine your lovely new Jimmy Choo's covered in orange dust!!!

Nice shoe shop called Senior in Panjim......good quality shoes and some lovely styles

GFF xx
There might be a shop called jimmy chew , but i dont think they would stock jimmy choo shoes!
my leather jacket had a Gorgio Armani lable in it not bad for 30 squid.

:roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.