UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Re: Lincoln
25 Posts
Hi
Back from a lovely but busy 5 day break to Lincolnshire.
We travelled from Wirral via the Peak District and it was very scenice if a long journey.
Stayed at theTattersall Lakes Country Park - Caravan was fine but in the process of a refurb and a few issues but nothing to spoil our holiday - the park very scenic and what with the aircraft taking off from RAF Conningsby made it very interesting.
We went to Newark Air Musuem on the Tuesday and then visited Skegness on the Wednesday coming back to the site via Boston (a typical shopping centre) on the Thursday we went to RAF Conningsby and in the evening hubby and I went on a Ghost Tour of Tattersall Castle - very enjoyable.
On the Friday we went to Lincoln Castle and the area around the castle was very quaint - all in all a lovely break and some wonderful country side.
Sue and others thanks for your input prior to our break.
Irene
Glad you enjoyed your time in Lincolnshire, how did you get on with the traffic in Boston? It drives us barmy!
Traffic in the whole of Lincolnshire seemed barmy :rofl - so many roadworks, there was one that started just by the park and the detour was about 5 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had the satnav so all worked out - Boston didn't seem that bad, we just thought it was busy.
Irene
Lincoln is lovely...I would recommend hiring a bike and cycling round some of the nearby treks - Lincoln is surrounded by a beautiful network of quiet country lanes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.