Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
comparing to 11 years ago, Faliraki ist much more quiet now. About 4 years ago the government did not allow the 16-30th anymore and it happened that at 11 pm, Faliraki was "dead". Then Faliraki had a very bad reputation but it is building up and you see more families with children now at the bar street.
Faliraki has quietened down over recent years but July, August, Sept are the busiest months so nightlife should still be pretty good. It is alot more family oriented now but you'll find after 10 bar street/club street still attract a young/party crowd maybe just a bit quieter than you remember.

Lindos does have good nightlife. I wouldn't necessarily say it's an older crowd. You find there's bars for both crowds with good disco bars for the lively and quieter chill out bars for those that just want to relax after dinner. There are 3 clubs in the village but Arches and Qupi are the best. There's also Amphitheatre up above the village which is the biggest club but outside July/August it only really gets busy on a weekend.
Me and my partner came back from lindos in the 3rd week of may, we decided to go to falaraki on a saturday night, i know it was still early in the season, but the place was dead, half the bars and clubs were still boarded up, and we were surprised how small the place was, its only a t junction really, bar street and club street, we "done" a dozen or so bars then got a taxi back to the gorgeous lindos, which even in may was a thousand times busier than falaraki, i have been all over europe and to the caribean, but the bars in lindos, were the most amazing i have ever seen anywhere .
cant comment on lindos but faliraki has a good night life. Bar street is not worth the visit anymore as it is now club street that is the busy one. The new night club 'castle club' opens soon which is across from bed club which host the foam parties!
We're looking forward to Lindos next year, we've only been there on occassional nights, however they have been excellent, very relaxed.

The music does get stopped at a certain time (can't remember when), however there is still the chance to drink and chat.

FD
Music doesn't usually stop playing fd they just turn it down a bit and close the doors and windows.
Rick
Oh right, sorry I just went on the couple of times we stayed over in Lindos and we stayed next to a couple of bars and seemed the music was off, as we could clearly hear the clinks of glasses and people talking.

FD
fd1972 you and juggernaut could both be right. If the bars have a decent indoor area they'll more than likely shut the doors and windows and turn the music down a bit but if they're more outside they will turn the music off alltogether. 'Officially' they are supposed to shut down music at 1 unless it's a club.
I've just returned from a week in Lindos with my girlfriend and we also went to Faliraki on one of the nights we were there. Faliraki's nightlife tends to be a bit more in your face than Lindos but both are good nights out. The liveliest bars in Faliraki are livelier than the liveliest bars in Lindos if that makes sense! Lindos nightlife tends to be a bit more 'classy' in my opinion. I don't think older people (like my mum!) would feel out of place in the more lively Lindos bars whereas they may be intimidated in Faliraki's bar street.

Theres definately more groups of young lads/girls in Faliraki and as such has more of a younger party feel about it. Having said that there were plenty of young people in Lindos although it tended to be more couples and smaller groups.

I went to Faliraki approx 7 years ago with the lads and its definately quitened down since then but still has loads of places banging out the music on bar street. They were nowhere near as full as I remembered though and as Greenshoes points out this is probably because Club street is much busier nowadays.

There also seemed to be more families in the resort.
There were quite a few families in Faliraki when I was there. Bar street is ok but club street is just fantastic. Faliraki really starts to get going at 2am, at the time the streets are packed!
thanks everyone for your views. im actually looking forward to nights out in both resorts now.
Lindos sounds more like my cup of tea these days however will be good to see (how or if) Falaraki has changed since i was last there in 1996 many moons ago.
Dear friends! Can u tell me please are there in Lindos crazy people like in Malia in Crete??I went for one night (even not night just an hour) to Malia in august and as for me it was terrible...drunken guys dirty and unpleasant too noisy place. I dont want to offend anyone but such places are not for me.....russian tourists almost dont go to Lindos so not many can advise me...i have been choosing long and i decided that Lindos is a very nice place for me...all i want is nice landscapes not very noise place and some nice greek tavernas and bars and small shops so that in the evening i could spend time not in the hotel....to sit in a nice bar or taverna to talk with locals as i am learning greek and to relax. thats all
thank u!
Having been to both resorts I can advise you that you'll be fine in Lindos. It doesn't really attract the same young crowd as Malia does although you will find people of all ages enjoying a night out in the village. There are lots of nice restaurants to choose from for your evening meals and lots of bars and tavernas where you can relax (or party) til the early hours.
Romantica99
you can relax Lindos is nothing like Malia. We have been to Lindos many times and have never seen problems with people being drunk. It can get crowded in the narrow streets during the day when the coach loads of daytrippers come in for the guided tours of the village, but that is usually beach time for us or the odd trip to other parts the island so it is not a problem. Night time is less crowded, you have about 40 bars and a similar number of places to eat. Some of the bars are livelier than others, but none are wild like you would have seen in Malia.
There are plenty of bars where you can watch sport or listen to music (everything from reggae, to 60's, to the latest music) and the bar owners always have time for a chat. But as said in an earlier post the music has to be turned off at midnight unless all the doors are closed and the sound kept inside the building. I am sure you will find something to suit your taste. The shops are open from early in the morning until about 11 o'clock at night and the village is very clean.
I think you will be happy with your choice
Thank u very very much for replies! I am very happy and yes now i think i will be satisfied with my choice :D
Oh Lindos is just fabulous, it just seems to be so relaxed and pleasant.

FD
hiya im 19 F and im going to lindos for a long holiday this summer BUT i wondered if sum1 could help me..... is there many young people my age that go there or is it mainly older people? coz ive heard different things. what are this clubs like do they get quite lively? im not interested in it being extremly packed but aslong as it is busy-ish im not too bothered, and were are the best places to go x
There will definately be a few young people in Lindos over the summer as it attracts all ages, although theres not going to be lots of big groups as you would find in resorts like Malia, Laganas etc.

When me and my girlfriend went a couple of years ago we found that there was a large variety of bars, some that were lively with lots of people and music playing til the early hours, some bars that were busy but much more relaxed with people chatting, maybe some background music on, and then some bars that were very quiet. I'm sure you'll find the bars/clubs that are right for you!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.