Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The SW band you need for BBC World Service varies with the time of day.

BBC World Service is the only programme you will pick up on Short Wave but I wouldn't expect very much cricket on it except for the hourly news bulletins.

From - To - Frequency

00:00 - 24:00 - 0.648 (Best after dark)

01:00 - 04:00 - 0.198 (Long Wave)

04:00 - 05:00 - 9.410

05:00 - 08:00 - 9.410 & 6.195

08:00 - 17:00 - 15.485 & 12.095

17:00 - 20:00 - 9.410

20:00 - 22:00 - 9.410 & 6.195

22:00 - 00:00 - 1.296

Transmissions to S.W. Europe are from Ascension Island or Cyprus.

Mike (G4LTI).
I bought a Sony world band radio in Los Boliches some years ago and it wasn`t much good at picking up BBC world service. Nothing worth listening to on it anyway. Cricket results only. LW would only get French stations. What beats me is the fact that I have Spanish stations stamping over my FM radio at home but I can`t get UK radio in Spain
we've got a very cheap little radio that we take with us everywhere (cost £5 in Fuengerolla) and on FM we can pick up quite a lot of english stations around malaga. Try Bay Radio or Talk Radio Europe, not sure of the wavebands but buy a Daily Mail or similar and they have big ads in there and they are very sport orientated.

Katy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.