Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
liveliest resort
14 Posts
I would say without doubt the liveliest resort is Lloret De Mar.

Cheers
Mark
I must agree with lloret no other is like it on the brava
Lloret , closely followed by Calella, which resort are you staying in
as its easy enough to get from one to the other. For example if your in Lloret and
fancy a change of night life go to Calella taxi's are reasonably priced , or vice versa if in
calella then go to Lloret for a night .

Lynne
thanks for the replies all, stayed in santa susannah last year , not a lot in entertainment and a scary sea, 3 youngens 14,11,and 10 me and the wife will be going can any one recomend anywhere
when you say " Liveliest Resort " what is it that you want ,
there is Papa's Bar , Beach Boys , White horse in Calella that caters for most people's taste's bingo , karaoke, music, something for every one . there is also 10 pin bowling , crazy golf,

Pineda is very quiet, Malgrat also has the fun pubs and bars, Lloret has about the same choice's , there are night clubs in Calella and Lloret
I think most resorts on the Costa Brava have steeply shelving coarse sand so Lloret, Calella & Malgrat would be no different to Santa Susanna in that respect. The more northerly Costa Brava resorts such as Estartit have gentler sands but Estartit maybe to quiet for you.

Have you got your mind set on the Costa Brava?? As one of the other Costa's or one of the Islands might suit your needs better.

Thanks
Mark
went to lloret 3 years ago with my mrs and our 4 teenage kids . The apartments were great (costa encantada) but we did not like lloret much . the kids much preferred salou. lot more going on .
I went to Lloret in April and the resort exceeded my expectations (not that I went with unrealistic ones), but like you (or your kids??) I think Salou has the edge.

Both lively resorts but Salou beach is far far safer, nightlife in Salou is just as lively but feels friendlier but I have to admit that Lloret old town was older than Salou old town but not necessarly more Spanish??

Each to their own and both resorts are good but I would still rather go to Salou but if I got the right deal I would also return to Lloret :sun2
No-one has mentioned Tossa. We spent 20 minutes there once, that was enough!
In what way, Hi De Hi?

(i've looked at Tossa before and always thought it looked like a quiet place!!)
Tossa is quiet, i would say that Tossa and Blanes would be more for couples and how can i put this
without upsetting any one the more mature, for those that want a laid back kind of atmosphere, i do like both resorts but not with the children (not a lot for them to do ).
Hello Hi-De-Hi, Tossa is not lively so why would it be mentioned in a 'liveliest resort' section :que

Tossa is a lovely place but obviously its a quieter resort therefore its not fair to comment on this section.

Thanks
Mark :)
It was not quie when we visited. e parked the car and walked to the bweach. Took one look at the beach (well you could not see the beach as it was shoulder to shoulder with people, turned on our heels and went back to the car.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.