Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
local buses
10 Posts
Hi keith,i have tried to p.m you but my mesages wont send,so just to say thankyou for your message
Hi, I'd really like to try the local buses too.

I'm a little bit nervous this year, as it is just me and my 12 year old son.

Is there some kind of timetable? Anyone have any good ideas where to go to?

many thanks
:)
manx-minx ... where are you and your son going in Goa ...we use the buses everyday they run to around 9 at night all you need to do is put your hand out they will stop for you no matter where you are they only cost about 5 rupees they are great fun use them ....
Debs sorry I dont know a thing about buses from Arpora.....colleen
Hi, we are staying in The Colonia de Breganza in Calangute, pretty sure there is a bus stop nearby
:)
Some of the buses that run the route from Sinquerm to Mapsa go through Arpora. The service runs about every 15 min. or so though the part of the route between Calangute and Mapsa varies, so that means not every bus goes through Arpora. Surprisingly they do seem to run to a timetable, some, although not all, of the buses have a timetable stuck up near the driver. The fare between Calangute and Mapsa is 8rps, a bit cheaper than a taxi, and more fun too. As another poster noted the buses all stop by about 9.00pm.
Alan
For those using the bus and ferry to Panjim - the last bus coming back from Betim is at 8.30pm.
At a guess you would have to change buses at Calangute to go towards Candolim from Arpora.
On the way back you have to be careful because not all the Mapusa buses go through Arpora as we found out to our cost ! We were pre warned by our driver that his bus didn't go to Arpora but it wasn't a problem, he would flash the bus coming the other direction that was going to Arpora. True to his word he did flash the bus but the other driver just waved and carried on going. We got off anyway, not knowing where we were but luckily a taxi ( yes, I was pleased to see one !) turned up.
Hi debs,

Yes the buses run from Arpora to Candolim, Mapusa, Calangute, Baga.......all for 5 Rs each per journey and they are a great fun experience and also great value.

The bus stop in Arpora is just at the junction opposite the old church where the Rickshaws are.
Considering the price of the taxis, the buses make for a substantial saving especially over a 2-3 week holiday or longer.
Definitely give them a try!

Regards,
BB
Hi BB
thankyou, we will give the buses a go this year,sounds like fun!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.