Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
If you like Tunisia I'm sure you will love Egypt. There is a similar feel to the place.

We have been going to Tunisia every year for the last 5 years and I went as a teenager back in 1972 and 74 (its changed just a bit since then!).

The main difference is that the hotels in Egypt tend to be newer and therefore more luxurious and for those by the Red Sea there is the wonderful snorkelling.

Luxor is a bustling city with plenty of ancient sites to keep you occupied but it will be VERY HOT in summer so any sightseeing is best done really early in the morning.
Regards, Caro
thanks for your reply Caro.
After doing a major research session I found an amazing deal to fly from Manchester to Luxor end of july, staying 2 weeks at the New Winter Palace Hotel (5*) for less than the 2* St Joseph (with an added 10% discount from Hays Travel for holidays booked out of term time). Its booked with Longwoods Travel....never heard of them so if anyone could give any info about this company I'd be very grateful.
thank you
Egypt is much nicer than Tunisia!

We went to Tunisia last year and it was OK!! That was our first visit in God knows how many years------but previous to that We had visited Tunisia many, many times [as we had a school friend that married a Tunisian, that lived there, still does] Last time - I think in 1990--but the difference between then and last year was immense!!!!!!!

If you like the "old" Tunisia you will definately LOVE Egypt :lol:
Longwoods do a lot of holidaypackages in Egypt. Check your quote with Magicbreaks or Jetline - they usually beat Longwood prices.
the price I booked for couldnt be beaten. 2 Adults, 1 child to Luxor from Manchester, B & B at 5* hotel for 2 weeks during the school summer holidays for just over £1300 .......... every other site is at least £400 more than that.
Counting down the weeks already :D !!
Thanks for the replies
Hi, thinking about doing a tour of Egypt next year(2008) with a tour company. Can anyone recommend one, we have been with Thomas Cook Signature to China and they were very good. We would like to do the tourist bit then 3/4days by the pool.Hope someone can help us to make our minds up. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.