Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Click Here For our reviews of this hotel.
:D Hi am off to this Hotel in 4 weeks first time to Cyprus. :D
You bet i will be putting a review on here when i get back. :D
Have been to this hotel twice before but the kids who will now be aged 16 and 13 are unable to share room, am having trouble trying to book two rooms with interconnecting door (13 year old has special needs so don't really want to have 2 rooms) but so far don't seem to be having any luck can anyone suggest any travel agents not thomson, first choice, olympic who might be able to help.
Ive just returned from my 5th visit to the phaethon and it just gets better every year. The animation team are fantastic this year look out for dido hes very funny and decided he wanted to marry me :lol: i will definatly be returning again next year.
:D Hi Kerrie i love reading your replies on this Hotel as they are always excellent. :D
Well of to this Hotel in 10 days am sooo excited and its my first visit to this Hotel and Cyprus. :D
We go to this hotel in Phafos in July.

We are travelling with our 1 yr old and 4 yr old.

Does anyone know about the facilities that their "Family World Centre" offers which is incorporated into this hotel ?

I noticed that they have food blenders etc & pushchairs you can use, but in reality does anyone know what kind of a chance you stand at getting hold of these kind of items which they say are "free of charge"

Am I right in thinking that anything you have from the "Family World Centre" you'd only be able to use on a daily basis, or can you use it for a good duration (eg 2 wks).

Any other info you may have re what facilities there are at this hotel for young children would be greatly appreciated. Or even any advice for when we visit this hotel with our young children would be appreciated.

Also, are there nice walks we could potentially go on nearby to the hotel.

Thanks V.much
:D [/b]
Click Here to read through our reviews of this hotel.
Has anyone just come back from this hotel to let me know what its like - The reviews on this hotel under "Hotel Review" are not that up-to-date

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Hi cheeky .. are you looking at the correct page ? You will find several recent reviews by clicking on the link in Glynis's post immediately above.

David :wave
:D
I'm taking my three sons aged 14, 11 and 6 to this hotel on August 4th for 2 weeks and have requested a room overlooking the pool (so that hopefully I can see the older two from the room if the little one needs a rest etc.)

I have a couple of questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

How long does it take to walk to the waterpark from the hotel?

Is the air conditioning in the rooms good or would it be a good idea for me to take an electric fan as well?

I'm trying to decide how much money to take - is there much to spend money on around the hotel (we're going AI)? We'll want to go to the waterpark on a few occasions, and may hire a car for 2 or 3 days.

Thanks. We've been to Cyprus before but not for a few years, and then we stayed in the Atlantica Oasis in Limassol. We're very excited about going to this hotel and it sounds as though it will be an easy and safe bet for me to take the kids to without my husband.
The waterpark is across the road from the hotel - probably about 10 minute walk.

The aircon was ok when I went, but I visisted in May so didnt have a big need for it.

Kath HT Admin
you can hire a car in the hotel either from the thomson reps or the car hire shop next to souvenir shop. we used the car hire shop - cost about £90 for 2 days for a nissan terrano 6 seater including 2 child seats. They were doing a deal earlier in year for 4 days rental for the price of 3 if you want a car for bit longer.
Are teenage boys also expected to wear long trousers to dinner in the evening at the Louis Phaethon? How strict are they about this rule i.e. what happens if you don't have long trousers with you? Are jeans acceptable or does it need to be smarter trousers?

Also, is there a dress code for the nightclub re. trousers and/or shoes?

:?
I think children (including teenagers) could wear whatever for dinner. As for men trousers can be any trousers - I saw jeans and tracksuits. Just have to be long and not 3/4 length.
Thanks for such a quick reply! :)

My eldest son is only 14 but is 5'11" so do you think he'd be ok wearing shorts, three quarter lengths etc. or should I pack long things for him? He'd only wear long trousers for dinner if he has to, and wouldn't wear them anywhere else unless he has to.
should think he'd be ok - could always pack a pair of trousers just in case. or maybe email the hotel if this would put your mind at rest
phaethon@louishotels.com
thanks for the email addy :D

I'm so excited now ... not long to go
We're going here on Saturday !! Yay !!

If anyone has anything they would like me to find out or ask, in advance of going themselves, let me know now in the next 24 hours.
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.