Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Im not sure where they went but when i went last june khaled used to come back 2 or 3 times a week to do henna tattoos. A few nights him and maria were both there watching the shows.
Rio was cheif animator last year i dont know if hes still there or if khaleds back.
Im going again in june for the fourth year in a row and i cant wait!
Thanks kerrie, nice to know they are still around. Hoping to go again later this year if business allows.
Hi, Can anyone out there help me out with a couple of queries??
My family are booked to go to this hotel in 3 wks. We have got a family room which is a bunk bedded room 2 adults/2 kids.
I have recently got a medical condition and will need a fridge in the room as I need to eat regularly and only specific foods. Do you know if they can supply small fridges in these rooms, even big enough for a few yoghurts. I know it is AI but I need to eat about 4pm and evening meal is later I thought I could put yoghurts in to keep me going until meal time. How much would it cost??
Do they supply beach towels at this hotel?? thanks gingerjog. :lol:
Hi Gingerjog

No need for the fridge, the pool bar and buffett are open from 10am to 5pm every day, there is a plentiful supply of hot and cold food available at all times. The main restaurant opens for lunch at 12.30 and for dinner at 6.30, remember that menm have to wear long trousers and sleeved shirts in the restaurant in the evening, jeans are perfectly acceptable.

You will need to take your own supply of beach towels, however they are very cheap to buy in Paphos.

Have a great time and say hello to Mohamed, Asha, kes and Becs, from Chris and Julie.

If you require any other information just ask.

Chris
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info my only problem is I will need to eat yoghurts throughout the day, I know they will be available at breakfast but not sure about during the day thats why I thought if I had a fridge I could have access when I needed, can you hire them??
Many thanks gingerjog. :lol:
From what I remember you can hire them. If you write to them and tell them what you've told us, they're so obliging they'll probably fill it up with yoghurt for you!
Here you go

phaethon@louishotels.com
I think they had yoghurts available in the snack section of the restaurant. They really are very helpful if you email them. Have a great holiday.
Hi, Thanks for all of your help I heve just sent an e-mail to the hotel, so I will look forward to their reply.
They probably think I am weird, but I need to sort it out before I go so thanks for your help and providing the e-mail address. gingerjog :oops: :D
No probs, have a good time.
We stayed at the hotel 2 years ago and needed a fridge for medical reasons, as a result of e-mailing them they were quite happy to provide one free of charge, large enough not only to keep the medication in but still plenty room left for a few beers.
You'll be sure to have a great time there.
Cheers.
Mark.
Gingerjog, this is a great hotel and you will find that the staff are very helpful.
Getting a supply of yogurt from them will not be a problem for you, however a fridge in your room would be a good idea as some of the rooms can be quite a walk from the dinning area.

Have a great time

Graham 8)
Hi,

This is were I am taking the family this year, first AI holiday since the Beach Club in Torromelinos 6 years ago.

The people that have been on here, can you answer some questions?

1. What is the AI Lager is it the locally produced Carlsberg or something else?
2. What are the locally produced spirits and wines like honestly?
3. Do they water drinks down like in Torromelinos?

4. I don't like Balconies that look over into someone else balcony/room, are these ones like that or do you get a little bit of privacy?

5. What is the sea and pool temperature in early November, last year in September the pool was bloody cold in Menorca but the sun made up for it.

6. Is there anything else near the Hotel or do you have to trek to Paphos?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Oh before I forget the flight is 4.5 to 5 hours long, on the shorter flights from Doncaster to Menorca/Majorca no entertainment is in the airplane, with it been a longer flight can we expect at least a TV in the cabin or is make you own entertainment for the duration?
If you haven't already read them, please http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/paphos/louis-phaethon-beach-hotel/ to read our reviews of this hotel.
yes read them thats why i posted this topic, didn't get the answers i needed.
Hi there

I went to the Phaethon Beach Sept/Oct 07. I will try to answer your questions as best as I can:-

1. Carlsberg or Keo Lager - draught and bottles available.
2. Do a range of cocktails, which I tried and they weren't too bad. Husband drank port and said it was good. Never tried any other spirits other than in cocktails. The white wine wasn't too bad compared to other AI hotels. I prefer a weak wine and it was quite strong but good.
3. I would say that the drinks aren't watered down.
4. If you have a pool/sea view then the balconies overlook each other because the hotel is built around the pool. We were in the inland facing rooms. In these rooms they do not overlook other balconies. If you go for an inland room try not to get a room which is directly over the front entrace to the hotel as buses can be coming in at all hours on airport days.
5. Can't comment on pool temperatures at this time of year.
6. There is a waterpark which you can walk to. Might be cold at this time of year. There is a supermarket about 300 metres up the road (left outside hotel). Supermarket is cheaper if you get the bus outside the hotel which takes you to the market. Lots of shops and reasonable supermarket here. You will need a bus into paphos as no other entertainment or pubs nearby. Bus is cheap.

Hope this helps.

Thomson's have radio and drop down tv's to cyprus.

Fluff
Fluff if you haven't already done so please add your review of this hotel by clicking the link in my previous post. Many Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.