Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Was your holiday quoted and invoiced at an inclusive price, or was it costed separately? If you were given a breakdown in cost eg cost of flight and cost of hotel this does not constitute a package. It is only a package if you are given a single total price on your confirmation.
I would suggest that the name of the company that you've dealt with would give you the answer to your question.
Yes its was costed per item, but i was under the impression from the ABTA website that any 2+ items booked from one operator was classed as a package.

And in responce to the name of the company, lets just say lesson learnt.
No it is only a package if it is sold at an inclusive price. If it's all been costed separately your contract will be with the individual suppliers as opposed to a tour operator.
Ok, thankyou for the quick reply.

Ive re-booked via another company as i was unsure about how and if i should chase my money from lowcost.
I would be asking for a breakdown of how much refund you are receiving for each part of your holiday. You should have the information about which suppliers provided hotel, transfers etc so you could contact them direct and ask what their policies are on cancellation charges given the unusual circumstances.
Lowcosts breakdown via the phone was £220 that was transfers one way only with accommodation.

I was told the rest was lost and they were doing this as a gesture of good will only and did not have to credit anything but the flight.

Even when i told them the airparks refrence number for the credit back to them i was told it was never given.

If im honest its not the money that bothers me, its the way this company acts, if i run my company like they did im sure i would be shut down within a month.
Try to get it in writing from them. Most suppliers will charge 100% at the stage of the cancellation but under the circumstances.....
I would still try to find out the individual companies charges. Are you saying airparks has refunded lowcost? In which case they owe you the money. Can you get something in writing from airparks? Lowcost will probably be charging admin fees as well though.
I honestly think that if you want to book, unless it is a package holiday, it is easier and often cheaper to do it yourself rather than using a travel agent who in turn uses a bedbank for accomm and another company for car parking and transfers.
I go DIY to Lanzarote every year and it's really easy to do.
As you say, it's not the money, but it's better in your pocket than their's.
Don't think we can help much on this one but perhaps a call to your local Trading Standards. It is possible that they may be able to assist.

Whilst many suppliers have played fair there will always be those who will take advantage. If you can get Trading Standards on your side they might just have a rethink.

fwh
Again thankyou for the helpfull replys.

Im flying out on saturday for 12 days and will look into the routes to follow once home.

As stated ive contacted ABTA plus watchdog about lowcost, ive also used there facebook page to convay my thoughts in a polite manner, but they do get deleted after a few hours, lol.

I was very very close to making a DIY holiday to Majorca but the wife insisted i used a tour op.

This latest holiday is now on the CC just incase something goes wrong, once again a good lesson learnt.
I made a booking with Lowcostholidays and noticed they have taken my deposit of 3 times. When I was booking I would click confirm and this failed to send therefore
I went through the booking process twice again. The 3rd time I managed to book but a different date came up. What a mess! I have sent them countless emails since last
Monday and constantly phoning them on an 0871. I would be put on hold for 20minutes then it would go dead. I must have spent a small fortune on phone calls.
I have emailed abta as well. Please, does anyone know if it is worth writing to their head office or is there another number to phone? Thank you
Try these no's 01342 305620 / 01342 305644/ 0800 1116280 I got through to them last week, but can't remember which no I rung.

If no luck, look up saynoto0870 on google, there are other no's.

Good luck.
From what you say:
When I was booking I would click confirm and this failed to send therefore
I went through the booking process twice again.

it may be that you've actually booked THREE holidays rather than they've taken your deposit 3 times.

I'd persevere with the phone calls on the numbers debdon has provided.

Good luck
Yes at last I got through on the first number you gave me! I had to wait 40 minutes for someone to answer but at least my calls are free to that number (I hope)
The person I spoke to was very rude and I could hardly understand him and basically said you may get your deposit refunded. I may have to try at a different
time to see if I can get someone else who I can speak to. In the meantime I will type a letter out to the address on LCH.
Thanks again, much appreciated
Annie
do make sure that you haven't booked 3 holidays.

You don't want to be in the position of them asking for 3 lots of balance.

And make sure that the holiday you actually wanted to book on the dates you wanted is the booking that you have with them, not the final one that went through with the wrong dates.
Hi,

Glad you got through eventually. Hope it all works out for you.
Have had the same problem contacting LCH Myself and 3 friends booked to go to New York this October. We were told we had to pay in full for the flights. This we did when info arrived we tried to book seats together and extras with the carrier. They told us they had no record of us "panic"
we gave them flight / ref number LCH had given they did not exsist. We have been trying to contact them since Febuary and they still have not replied to our emails. They have a 2010 pledge to answer emails within 7 days ! We resend every week.
We have after much frustration, cost of 0871 numbers @ appro 40 minutes a time finally got correct flight number but still can't book anything as we have no ticket numbers. Nightmare................. I have used them for the past 4 yrs for my own holiday without any problems however I am holding off booking with them.
Tzyana :)
you should use these numbers that 'debdon" said Try these no's 01342 305620 / 01342 305644/ 0800 1116280 I got through to them last week, but can't remember which no I rung.

If no luck, look up saynoto0870 on google, there are other no's.

I have just posted a lengthy letter to LCH, east sussex
will let you know how i get on.
We have been trying to contact them since February and they still have not replied to our emails. They have a 2010 pledge to answer emails within 7 days ! We resend every week.

Please, Please, Please will everyone stop relying on emails!

The old fashioned letter sent recorded delivery is the only way. You can prove they have received them and track online. Give them 14 days from receipt to reply. You have the proof they received them. Tell them you will take legal action if they do not give a satisfactory reply and then tale them to court and sue the pants off them.

The number of complaints here on HT about no reply to emails and the cost of calls astonishes me. I wonder if people have money to burn when I hear how much they have spent chasing without any success.

If only everyone did what I suggest they would soon get their act together.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.