America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Doing it in about 10 days time - all new for us so looking forward. :wave:
A great report Luci I'm so looking forward to my first visit in August. :fly :pele :hols

Sue :)
I know you probably mentioned it, but I'm too lazy to search. Were there any $5 off vouchers for Harrah's and Flaming-O to be had around the Carnaval Court area?

TIA
Hi Pebbles

When are you going? I think luci said they were a bit harder to come by. I bought 3 2for1 Harrah's vouchers on ebay, think they were $16 for the 3 of them from a US seller.

We go in September - can't wait! Off to Bulgaria first though - beginning of next month.
Lesley,

We leave a week today. Going via Philadelphia with USAirways. Coming back 10th June.

So far we are staying at Bally's, South Point, LV Hilton, MGM Grand and Monte Carlo. That could change if I find any better offers though.
There were Flamingo coupons outside Carnival Court and Harrah's coupons outside the Flamingo.

On our last night we got 2 x 2 for 1 coupons for the Spice Market buffet which we didn't have time to use. Thinking of selling them on eBay.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci.

When will you have time to post your TR final part? I'm looking forward to it.

(Hope I haven't missed it. :oops: )
Sorry, don't know when or even if I will manage to post the final part due to jetlag and personal problems at home re family illness.

It was more or less that we went to Harrah's for breakfast and Mon Ami Gabi at night which was fantastic, the food was even better than previous visits and we were seated right away on the patio at 6pm on a Monday night.

I will try to post it if I can.

No problems Luci.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Hope you feel better soon.
Could someone clear up something for me?

I think Luci mentioned a problem with using photocopied ID when using a credit card

is that a standard thing to be asked for photo ID to pay with a card over there?
Yes it is. Photo ID is required for several transactions over there. They usually accept either your driving license or passport.
Just to clarify, I have never had a problem using a photocopy of my passport as photo ID when using a credit card.

Yes as pebbles has confirmed, you need photo ID every time you use a credit card in Vegas.

We weren't aware of this requirement either and when we purchased something via credit card they first of all refused to authorise the transaction.

Wasn't too pleased with it, so gave them the option to either accept without ID or loose a sale. The former happened.

Mark :)
Hi Pebbles - there are some good rates at Orleans on http://www.i4vegas.com Quite a lot of $42 rates late may and early june. Might have been an alternative to South Point. Thought I'd let you know in case this is of interest. I've booked 6 nights at Orleans for Sept Sat-thur nights. Sat $90 others $45.
The MGM has rates at the moment of $49 until September. Don't have a link, sorry, but could dig one out if anyone's interested. Will probably be on Fat Wallet.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.