DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Luggage Labels
14 Posts
Great, it's great to be able to help someone else for a change, it's normally me asking the questions, but I know the answer to this one!!

Go back to the main page at the bottom of the page is a forum called General Holiday Enquires, if look in there, there is a On line Luggage Label Creation Tool, I have not used this yet but will be doing so sometime this week as we are coming to Majorca on Sunday 16th September. Bobby
Thanks for that! Not very techi! Will give it a go - better find some thick paper!

We're off on the 17th! Can't wait :fly
Hi

The tool asks for your address which is then displayed on the label allowing anybody to know that there is a good chance that house is empty as the occupiers are away on holiday.

Don't put your full address in, just your house number and postcode.

Graham
Was hoping to leave it blank - with sat navs even postcode isn't a good idea anymore!

Horrible that we live in the world we do!

Thanks for that anyway - back off to Cala Dor again - yum Acuarius here we come - oh and the sunshine!
In answer,
you can buy plain luggage labels at stationers such as W.H. Smith. In fact there is no reason why you have to have labels as the airline put on their own at check-in. As long as you put your name and address inside the case in case it gets lost in transit.
I notice that sometimes luggage labels get ripped or fall off anyway.
Here is a link if you wish to print Madeleine Mccann luggage labels - perhaps the mods could post this on all discussion forums?
:wink:
http://www.wdcweb.info/home/documents/Madeleinefob.pdf
Remember to only put your holiday hotel/apartment address on your label for the outbound journey, with, as said before, your full home address inside your case.

Only put your home address on the ticket on your return to the uk.

May be a good idea to place your flight numbers on the ticket too.

Elaine x :)
Just buy them from Tesco
we use aluminium luggage tags with a strong wire to attach to the luggage similar to THESE mobile phone numbers are hidden, only our surname is visible
Hi Garin,
Cheers for that link, they look a great buy; going to order some tomorrow, thanks again. :tup
Best Regards, Brigger :lol:
Luggage Labels - Use the cheapest option - Nick some of BAs or some other not-so-low-cost-airline. They are freely available at most airports at their respective desks.
We booked a ticketless flight with Firstchoice this summer so we were not entitled to any.When we got to the airport we just went to their desk and asked for some,and received them.
I've made my own for years now. Name, hotel and mobile number for the outward journey and name, post code and mobile number for the homeward one. I do them with a brightly coloured background then laminate them which also helps make my case easy to spot on the carousel. I bought some metal ones from Tesco before and use the wires from them as they are very strong.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.