General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What time do you leave PSF?

Oh, it's tomorrow you go isn't it - just remembered..... :duh
got my scales from betterware £6.99 and they were delivered to my door no hassle .
Just seen this and I'll try and get hold of the Betterware ones as they weigh up to 35kg. Quite a few of the others only go up to 22kg. Fortunately BA still allows a full 25kg of hold luggage at present and if you are over it is useful to know by how mch so you have some idea of what to take out :roll:
I have found even cheaper luggage scales and they're digital!

I ordered THESE SCALES for just $10.84 which is around £5.50 inc free P&P. They weigh up to 40kgs.

I ordered them on the Friday night and they arrived the following Friday. Even better was that only £4.47 has been debited to my credit card!

The only bad thing is that the hook is very small, but I will probably attach a piece of rope or something to the case to make it easier to weigh.

I had already ordered the Betterware ones so I now have 2 sets!

luci :wave
i just brought my scales from sainsburys 7.99 there go ones weighing up to 22kilo they have a built in tape measure too so happy just hope there acurate im going away at 330pm yippeeeee :sun2
Was going to wish Mad Madge a happy holiday, but she will have left by now... :fly
They are really good aren't they Luci?
(Have you read some of the reviews of the product? :rofl )
see that BA is selling the same scales as Lakeland for a reduced price of £17 but you need to pay the post. Free if over £50.

Might need other things so I will have a look. I have seen these scales in L/land and they do look substancial so will buy them. Travel a lot and also live on my own so these would better meet my needs.

Sue
i bought some in the duty free shop in cardiff airport cost 7.99 were brill
Just to let you know that Aldi have a special on this week. Angler's scales, weighing up to 50lbs, which is about 22kilo ( I think) for £3.99.
Just back from buying scales at Aldi,will be very handy as I have a daughter who packs the kitchen sink and more :rofl

Diane :wave:
ahhh i had a great hol thanks but my scales broke on my last day lol. i was 2kilo over in one of my cases on way back they wanted 30 quid emmmmm dont think so i took stuff out and had to que again. never mind betta than paying. i took the scales back and they have given me a new pair. i must say they were very acurate on our way out there
Not sure if my scales are right, but did a bit of weighing 2 girls and me have 20kilos each, youngest daughters is 15kilo's eldest is 14 kilo's and mine was 17kilo's so thats just right! Gonna put the 2 girls mine & my 2 nieces all together at check-in tomorrow though so it evans out with my nieces babys stuff aswell.
Thinking of getting theese luggage scales not to sure if i would be able to buy them in cyprus though? do they sale them in normal supermarkets like carrefour / orphaniedies etc..

CourtneeLouise x
i bought mine in the duty free in cardiff airport
I decided to splash out and buy the Lakeland scales at £19.99. Yes more expensive but digital and work on a battery so realised that they are also substantial and no hook to fall foul of banned sharps.

I travel often and they will save me a fortune in time just by being able to decide how much I can afford to go over if say it is a cruise as will be on the 26th August. Weight allowance only 17k so no way will I make that. £6 per K over and I am happy to go 3-4 Kilo over just to have the benifit of my lovely dresses shoes bags etc. Crazy but then I am a bit crazy about a lot of things.

Sue
Just before our recent holiday, we bought the Brabantia luggage scales from an ebay shop seller and they are brilliant. Very strong and easy to use.

As we packed to return, they were very useful - we were weighing things in a carrier bag to see how much they weighed, so that we could decide what to leave out.
These are the scales I bought and I think they are fantastic. Electronic and bleep when the weight is settled. Don't know how much you paid from ebay but I have never bought anything from ebay so don't mind if I paid a bit more. We have Lakeland here in Harrogate

Sue
I can't remember what i paid, but they were brand new and sealed. As you say, they are fantastic.
just bought lakeland scales in perth scotland, hubby practiced weighing items comparing them to our bathroom scales,just a slight difference noted. they work quickly and easily. we are impressed. no more worries at airport now. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.