Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You can get money exchanged at Borkas, just past Kingfisher Villa, Ashok is the the owner he hires scooters and has 4x4 for airport transfers and days out at reasonable rates, (I have his number if you need a taxi transfer)

First chemist is Ahkbar just before the Stonehouse on the right

Curryhouse down that end is not bad either

Godfrey and Victor at the Baywatch shack are a couple of nice lads, if you walk out of the back of Lui beach and head for the beach theirs is the shack on the left also their elevated position on the beach provide a refreshing breeze they also keep the hawkers at bay. (you will know what i mean when you see it)

GM06
Ian
One of the best restaurants in Goa (IMO) is down that end - Bomras the Burmese restaurant. :tup

If your daughter finds the food too spicy - try Café Chocolatti for a light lunch, - they do nice salads.
Seek out Casa Manolita it's up the lane next to Dona Alcina, well worth the effort. The food is European and it's only a limited menu - but what they do, they do well. The restaurant is in a lovely setting, well away from the mayhem of that bloody main road, it's on the terrace of a beautiful Portuguese style villa.
Try Himalaya out of the hotel to road and turn right about five minutes walk, European, Indian, Chinese and Tibetan food all very good also very reasonably priced so are the drinks
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies, will definately try out all your suggestions. Only 2weeks and 4 days 'till we go, so getting very excited now.
Really wish we had tried Bombras, our taxi driver told us to avoid at all costs as there were lots of fights!!!! in there. Its a defo for next time though.
Tuscany Garden is very nice for Italian, Shivers is in a lovely setting, Curry House, good food and big portions, the waiters are really nice there :)
Have a great holiday - wish I was there now, its freezing here!!!!!!!!!!!
Really wish we had tried Bombras, our taxi driver told us to avoid at all costs as there were lots of fights!!!! in there

Utter rubbish, we were in there at least once every week for 6 weeks - he probably meant in "Butter" nightclub next door. :duh
So where did your taxi driver take you instead - his cousin's place? :rofl
Hi,

We stayed at Lui Beach in January and had a great time. The hotel is basic but very clean. Try one of the BBQ nights as they are fun and the food is good, too.

I would second the votes for the Himalyan and the Curry House. If you fancy a bit of a walk then Mermaid and Jikonis (across from Mermaid) are fantastic too. They are about 10-15 mins walk from the hotel. Kalinga is a bit nearer to the hotel and we had a good meal in there as well.

Enjoy!
Himalayan and Curry House are good, Kalinga gave me Dehli Belly last year :yikes
Flambe has gone rapidly downhill as well, had an awful meal there and saw about 3 tables walk out on that night.
had an awful meal there and saw about 3 tables walk out on that night.

perhaps that was due to too many kingfishers?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.