Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Shirley,

Personally I would choose the Sofitel Karnak every time. The Sheraton always seems a little jaded to me and is sort of tucked away from any of Luxor's treasures. Although you have seen it all before, it's still nice to be able to pop into Luxor Museum and Karnak and Luxor Temples without having to go too far. I would also prefer the food at the Sofitel to that at the Sheraton every time!

Whichever you choose, enjoy!
The Sheraton is undergoing a face lift at the moment. Reception, swimming pool are all being refurbished. Quite a lot of the rooms have already been done.
The refurbishments at the Sheraton are due to be completed by Dec this year. It's much more central for all the amenities in Luxor. The Sofitel Karnak does have a kids club but I think it's just a little too far out of town. Shuttle buses run into Luxor in the morning & late afternoon but you need to use taxis after about 7.30 pm, I think.
there is a boat run by the hotel sofital, you have to get a ticket from the reception. they drop you off in luxor, and pick you up later arrange a itme with them or get a taxi back..
we used to go for the trip up and down the river nile.. hubby even had a drive of the boat, the captains seat was a deck chair :shock: , lovely bloke who drove us...
the sofital is a lovely hotel, and only two floors high..and the pool is wonderfull, and the view over the nile is exciting and alluring, especially at sunset, it happens so quickly..
the view over the nile is exciting and alluring, especially at sunset, it happens so quickly..

What does? :rofl
Tez
how it goes down so quick.! :P
It's all the Excitement! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.