Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Sheraton Luxor
10 Posts
Hi Jan

I have recently emailed the Sheraton with exactly the same question as you, as I am also a repeat visitor. Unfortuntately they have not responded :( :(

I obtained the email address from the Sheraton website but dialing up via the web, sorry I did not keep the address, as I expected them to respond.

I have friends who are going to be there when the building commences, and are well known at the Hotel and have been advised by the Hotel Manager that the disruption will be kept to a minimum. The renovation work will be in the Lobby, Restaurant and Bar area, it will not affect the swimming pool or outside areas.

My mind is not made up yet, to if I am going to book but I have noticed some fantastic savings due to the work.

Hope this helps
Peggy :lol:
If you can change without cost, take a serious look at the Sonesta St. George. I posted a review on this hotel as a result of our one week stay there between 27th Feb and 6th March. We visited the Sheraton whilst in Luxor and it looks good - but I feel the Sonesta has the edge. You have a wide choice of dining styles at the Sonesta and it's better positioned for Luxor Museum, Karnak, downtown area and other hotels.

If you request, I'll post the phone number and the email address of the Sonesta.

Mike
I hate recommending sites

But if you go to http://www.luxor4u - its a luxor website.

Someone there works on reception at the Sheraton, and they are English, and will tell you what is happening....
I stayed at the Sheraton last month and there were some pictures in the foyer showing artistic impressions of the changes. All that were shown were just a refurb of the lobby. Am sure it said the works were starting in September but not 100% sure.

Would imagine that deciding on whether to move hotels depends how much you are going to use the hotel during the day. If you are out on trips etc during your stay I am guessing that you won't have much trouble or disruption. Might be different if you are having a nice lazy stay around the pool!!
The 'English' lady is certainly not the Receptionist, she is actually the Executive Secretary.

The work is due to comment on the 1st May and finish at the end of August. There is another swimming pool being built outside near the bungalows.

Disruption to guests should be at a minimum as many of the rooms have already been refurbished.
no offence intended...... the main thing is that the query has been answered.... :oops:
I think the correct url is http://www.luxor4u.com and go to the forums.
Hi there, I am looking at booking a holiday for me and my friend, who will be 21 in September. I have found a good deal at this Hotel, but would be grateful if anyone can tell me what the area and hotel are like for 2 single young females?

Thanks, Ali
Depends what you are looking for Ali. Luxor is not a place for nightlife, though having said that, there are a couple of 'pubs', Kings Head & Murphys which are within walking distance of the Sheraton, also a nightclub which I believe is open till around 2/3 am. Luxor is more the place for visiting the marvellous sites & enjoying the Nile & of course, the sun. If you & your friend are looking to see the Temples & tombs together with soaking up the sun, but are not bothered about the nightlife too much, then I'm sure you would enjoy Luxor.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.