Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
luxor tours
11 Posts
Hi Pete, there are several reputable agents in Luxor who have been recommended by other members of this forum for booking excursions with whilst in Luxor.
The one I have always used on quite a few visits to Luxor is Jolleys Travel who are located just to the right of The Old Winter Palace Hotel as you look at it from the river side of the road. We have done tombs, temples, Sound and Light Shows, overnight to Cairo by train, hot air balloon trip and mini cruises with Jolleys and have always found them to be punctual and extremely good value for money.
Please PM me if you need any more info.
thanks carrot, i was thinking of jolleys but when visited their website saw no mention of tours. i guess local luxor tours and sound and light show can be booked whilst there but do you know if i should prebook for cairo train thingy coz REALLY REALLY wanna do this. and if so, how. ta muchly for your help.
Pete, you dont need to pre-book anything, just do it when you get there, safer for you and there will always be room on the train!
thankyou very glad carrot for all the info. all just what i needed to hear, super. looking forward to it and cant wait, but will have to. deffo using jolleys for ALL trips. thanks again
hi
we've been to luxor twice over past few years & also used a local travel agent - carlton wagonslit travel to book firstly a day trip to cairo (we flew) & visits to valley of the kings etc, and last time we used them again to fly down to abu simbel & aswan. they were cheap & fantastic cant recommend them highly enough. they are also located in the row of shops in front of the old winter palace hotel in luxor. all our trips were done just us no group tours with our own guide driver etc.
have a great time
Hi

There is a website called Man in Seat 61 (or something like that), which you can find the train timetables etc for Egypt.

But, they charge extra to get the tickets to you.....

We booked our seats on the overnight sleeper for our trip in May this year with Mr Sherif at http://www.memphistours.com

The tickets are $55pp and we paid 25% deposit - the rest on arrival at our hotel to his local agent. Price is the same as advertised on the website I mentioned and he can arrange everything else for you too.

I cannot fault his services - plus he has a Live Chat facility, so you can ask any questions and get immediate answers. A great tool.

We will definitely use him again. We've "done" Egypt many times - including the overnight train (seated) but decided we wanted to try the sleeper carriage this time. As we were on a tight schedule - we needed to ensure we had certain arrangements in place and found Mr Sherif did exactly what we asked of him....

Have a great time!

Unauthorised signature/advertising removed
David HT Mod
Pete gold... who are you travelling with? We went with THomsons a few years back and they did an optional three day cruise on the Nile, which we booked at the welcome meeting, and this proved to be fantastic value for money. We had full board on board the boat and all the trips were included, Valley of the Kings, Queen H temple etc, and finally ended at Aswaan. We then got a coach back to Luxor which too was fascinating, as you were travelling through countryside seeing the local life. The boat at that time of year was only one third full, July, and there were almost as many staff as guests! It was a truly magical experience.

Three years ago this trip cost £157 per person, and it included all the trips we had, entrance fees etc, our own guide for the duration, it was excellent value.
£157 pp?? This is NOT value for money. The same trip booked through Jolleys will cost you around £75 pp.

Please do not book trips through your rep. You WILL get ripped off. Book all your trips through the recommended local agents such as Jolleys, Karnak etc. You will get a better rate and a better, more personal service.
hi pete , ive just got back from luxor this morning and did all my trips with jolleys , i paid £28 for the baloon ride - £20 each for the valley of the kings ( 3 tombs) / valley of the workers ( 2 tombs) / statues of memmon / and hatchetsup temple , excuse the spelling / and £30 each for a cruise to dendera temple . i did luxor temple (£4 each) , karnak temple (£5 each) , luxor museum (£7 each) by taxi wich cost no more than £2 were ever you go , hope this helps
Hi Pete Gold,

The usual tour is as follows........................

West Bank
Colossi of Memnon, Valley of Kings, Hatshesut's temple and Medint Habu. 300LE pp

East Bank Karnak temple and Luxor temple. 180LE pp

You would have your own personal knowledgeable guide plus air-con transport and not part of larger tour group.

If you want more info contact dudiluxalex@yahoo.co.uk I'm sure he will help you.

Have wonderful time in Egypt,

Moudi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.