Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
there wasnt really one when we were there, saying that i didnt notice anyone dressed scruffy , they have a gala night each weekend, think it was black and white one sat or sun then following weekend it was red and white i think or something like that, but not everyone dressed up in the colours, we dressed up though not ott and certainly didnt need extra clothing allowance
Well between us we have 75kg which is about two suitcases and a holdall. We don't have to take towels so that should free up some space but we do have to take boots the chemist with us because of the mozzies!

Also I had read that its advisable to take flotations for the pool.

Thomas Cook's credit card line is down so can't book until tomorrow so will ponder some more. Afterall £50 should cover the cost of the kids ice creams hopefully.
There isnt really a dress code for children. Nobody bothers much about what they wear.
Its got much more casual over the last few years. When we first went in '99 it was fairly formal. Men still need a top on at lunch but swim shorts seem to be acceptable now.
Ladies tend to wear a summer dress, a top and skirt or trousers to dinner. Nobody will make a fuss if you wear shorts.
There are self serve laundrys so you can wash stuff through and wear again.
The Gala nights are on Sundays, alternatively Black/White and Red/Black.
You can buy cheap floaty things in Olu Deniz. The LW shop is extortianate. (can't spell that)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.