Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
I think I can see where the confusion lies with Thomas Cook, Cat 6 is made up of two interconnecting Cat 3a rooms. If this is the case then I will be very happy because I did not think we could afford two connecting rooms which would have been our preference.

Rest assured I will be printing off the email and taking it with me.
hi

yes they do do that sometimes, when we got shown around lykia before booking my wedding they took us into some rooms and showed me where they can unlock door to connect them. it is a bit confusing and the travel agents dont know what they are talking about re these rooms, good luck let us know the outcome

karen
Had an email back today, copied and pasted below.

Lykia World rooms are always confusing, so I contacted the tout operator to get clarification. You are booked into "interconnecting 2 bedroom family room with sea view", I agree, a category 6 room.

Why am I still nervous!
Nothing to be nervous about. Its a win-win. If you get a cat 6 you have scored. Lots of space and a sea view. If you get the cat 4 still a good room.
Its definitely a Cat 6 room, not going to bother trying for a Cat 4, I spoke to Lykia this morning and they said the difference between a Cat 4 and a Cat 6 for the two weeks would be £571.
Excellent. Have you stopped worrying now? :lol:
Absolutely, now just how bad are those mozzies!
No way of knowing. Sometimes there are none. Sometimes they are a nightmare. Depends on the weather a bit I think. Lykia World isnt nearly as bad as down in Olu Deniz. I think they spray them. The wasps are a bit of a pain though.
Invoice has arrived and its 2 x Interconnecting, 2 showers, etc

Glad we have got the interconnecing rooms, gives my husband and I a little more privacy. Guess I need to check out shots, money, etc now and car parking. We are so used to travelling down the night before for the twilight check in with Virgin. This will be a little more like the holidays I remember as a child where my parents would wake us in the middle of the night to go on holiday.
Well done - I think you have a bargain there. I love those rooms. You can lie in bed listening to the surf below you.
Now Bridd you have done it again. After three children the last thing I need is to hear water swishing around, I'll be on the loo all night. :D
Hi Bridd, i have had two quotes one in the Village and one in the residence, the one in the residence is the cheapest £2980 and the Village £3180, which would you do with im thinking about going with the Village as its alot nearer the activities for my children. :hmmm
hi

hope its ok answering for bridd

i personally would go for the residence as this is the 5 star rooms so slightly posher and better shampoo, shower gel etc, both share same facilities, residence is nearer the main reception and not so spread out as the village and their self service restaurant in my opinion is better although the village guests can use it,im not sure what you mean by the village being nearer as it just depends which rooms you get in the village the choice is yours
Hi Bellingham
I agree with Ellie_Meg. I would always book the residence. I also don't know what you mean about being nearer facilities. If you get put in somewhere like K block you may be a bit nearer the waterpark but you're quite a hike from your breakfast! Ellie is right - the breakfast in the residence is nicer than the village and youcan use either no matter where you are staying.
You get lots more space in the residence and its quieter as the floors are carpeted and you dont hear much from rooms above. The one time we stayed in the village we got woken up by footsteps overhead on the tiled floors.
You only get full bathrooms in the residence, which makes life easier with kids. Only showers in the Village.
Hi Bridd, I have already phones LW and they have said will be in the main Village block, but if i dont like it will ask to be moved or payfor the upgrade to the Residance, i have had it at a good price from the TA today 4 adults 2 rooms £3100 27th of August, the only down fall is we have to go on a night flight, could you tell how much LW charge to have the room an extra day, i dont know why but all the flights from all Midland airports are night flights. :P
Hi again
I know - night flights are a pain. I dont use them. All the flights to Dalaman from Edinburgh, our nearest airport, are night flights, so we choose to drive to either Glasgow or Newcastle for a daytime one. I like to fly at 8 or 9 in the morning if possible. That way I can be at the pool with a drink by 4pm Turkish time (using a private transfer - It'd be 6 if we used the TO bus!)
Anyway, not sure what you mean by the main Village block as there are lots of blocks. Most of the Village is lovely. Just make sure you don't have a garden room. To be sure, check that you have a balcony. No balcony on your invoice = Garden Room.
You're a lot cheaper going for the Residence in advance. The upgrade once you are there is a lot! We asked when we were there the first time in '99 and it was something like £40 a night back then.
I' don't think there would be a charge for a late checkout - I know a few people who have had night flights and they haven't had to pay to keep the room. Don't take that as gospel though - things change.
H i Bridd, The blocls are L,P OR O, can you phone and do the upgrade their once they have your details its 600pounds more for residence rooms with the TA,please give me as much info as possable about the hotel, is theri anything their for 17year olds and what are the teenclubs like can ylu put your own drinks in the fridge.
im a bit confused as you stated earlier that the residence was cheaper in that case why would you need to pay more, i would certainly change if you can, the rooms are in rows that are 2 storeys high and p and o are near the adult only pool and restaurant so therefore that wont be any good for your family and they are the furthest from reception, main entertainment area, self service restaurants too , so i think some how you have got slightly mixed up

we put our own drinks in the fridge
I am confused the same as Ellie_Meg. Can you confirm that what the TO is charging you for Residence and Village? If you book with a TO you wont be able to upgrade with the hotel until you arrive. Cheaper to book the appropriate room at the start.
The fridge is actually a mini bar which they will come to restock every day. We usually ask for it to be emptied when we arrive.
Theres everything you could imagine for 17 year olds. There is a teen club, also every kind of sport and lots of partying. What do they like to do?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.