Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Lykia world
1440 Posts
Bellingham - you can get the same drinks at the a la carte restaurants as in the others, ie. soft drinks, ber and wine.

Like I said in my post yesterday you are not supposed to fill up water bottles and there are notices on the fountains indicating this. As it is only full board plus you can't blame them for wanting to make money out of bar drinks I don't think.
Do we need to take any towels with us at all. Thinking here if we went to the beach or went and did an excursion to the mud baths.
Hi, We are travelling on 17th August staying in a cat 2a room. Has anyone stayed in a cat 2a. Airtours refer to them as extended superior rooms for 3 adults and 1 child. I'm a bit concerned about the size. I was considering getting an upgrade to a cat 4 family roombut Lykia wanted £1300 extra!! What block should I request or is it not worth it?

Any advice greatly received.
Its hard to know what room you will get. I was expecting a category 2/3 with seaview but actually got a category 4, which was huge. This was with first choice.

I don't think you'll spend to much time in their to worry that much.
We have a Cat 6 (and I will be taking my confirmation to prove it) and was wondering whether I should go top, middle or bottom!!

Your thoughts gratefully received and also do you think it worth emailing our request. Indeed does anyone have the email address. My first thoughts were that the top floor would be best to get the best views. Not sure exactly how many floors there are (or how many stairs, well it will burn off a few calories).
Most of them have three floors. We had the very end room of the Telmessos block by the mountain on the third floor. The steps were hard work in the heat after walking back from anywhere. The view was great though and the area was very quiet. Also down below there were lots of sunbeds on the grass under the trees.
You don't need to take towels, they have plenty that you can return for replacement anytime, practically no-one takes their own.

We stayed in 2 cat 2 rooms and they were plenty big enough. They were split level and had a king size and double sofa bed that were already made up. There's plenty of hanging space and hangers too. The bathroom was lovely and the showers huge walk in ones with two shower heads on each size of the wall. These are located in L,O & P. L is the nearest to the entertainments, etc, then O and P furthest, near to the adult only Oasis pool. We opted for the P and would stay in them again, only 7-8 minutes walk through the beautiful gardens. They had 3 floors and we stayed on the top by request, nicer views and no-one walking above us. Yes the stairs are a bit waring but with all that lovley food you need some excercise, just wouldn't recommend them if you had a buggy.

I sent a request to Lykia.com and got a reply from gulcinyagar@lykiaworld.com
Got my 3rd floor in P block but no pool view.
Are the Cat 6 rooms only in S Block or could they be situated in another block as well. Although we have paid for a seaview so assume it will be in S block.
Looking at the interactive map I can see that the Beach Bar is directly in front of S block on the residence side. Does it get particularly noisy and would be better off getting a room closer to the oasis pool.
Wine, beer, yoghurt drink, soda, concentrated fruit juice, water and mineral water are all available at lunch and dinner is inclusive in full board accommodation.

Taken from Lykia World website, would this not indicate that fruit juices are included in the price.
No you have to pay extra for it.
My 12 year old asked me that if they make friends could they go off to dinner with them rather than coming with us. Would this be allowed do you think. Also how much freedom do you give your kids in Lykia, for example would you just let them go off on their own around the resort. Or do you frogmarch them to the kids club and put locator tags on them.

Sorry started to get slightly nervous last night, I have an overly dramatic imagination and was thinking about my little blonde 7 year old boy. Have told him if we go out of the resort he is not to let go of our hands. Having said that we have trailed around disney for the last three years and have not lost any of them!!

My kids are 12 (almost 13), 10 and 7.5, anyone with kids of these ages your views appreciated. I know when I was about 8 we had the freedom to go anywhere but then my parents had also booked sep rooms and although on the same floor were quite a way from each other.
My kids are 10, 7 and twins 5. All but one of the twins are boys.
The 9 and overs do not have to be signed in and out of the clubs and at first this worried me as my 10 year old still only plays out in our quiet close and it hasn't yet become an issue for him to venture further as he is very close to his younger brother who is quite old for his age.

However after a couple of days we were soon allowing him to pop back and forth between the club and us although we did pop in to see him if he was there (he wasn't amused at that). There are timetables telling you where all the kids will be, doing what, at what time so you can always find them if necessary. My son soon made friends and was hopiing around Lykia with them on the little buses so he loved the freedom and this was a huge plus for him and it does feel safe. The others were signed in and out of the clubs as you usually would but there are loads of activities for them to do and taking part in the shows is a must.

The kids can eat seperately with the kids clubs rep at lunch (in the kids paradise restaurant) or in their own one in the village for dinner between 6-6.30. Ours sometimes did this, we'd fetch them, take them back for a shower, then they'd go back to the club whilst we ate dinner and we'd meet them on the dance floor after dinner to take them to the show with us but I think they can stay with the club during the show and watch a film in the cinema I think.
Thanks for that Pamplemousse, I think my kids are going to be in their element. We are going to take our mobiles so that we can text each other should we need to let them know where we are.

I have just purchased some of those freezeeasy bottles, do the room fridges have a freezer section.
kadz, my son is also 12. I'm not expecting to see much of him during the day. Hes planning on doing his own thing. My daughter is 5 and will probably spend all day with us. she's a bit shy. She might try the kids club in the second week but I would imagine she will love the childrens paradise and spend all the time there.

When are you going?
Nikster

We are going on Wednesday, can't wait now, just getting all the clothes out on the dining table now. Hopefully this time I will remember everything, when we went to Cyprus I forgot to pack the majority of my daughters clothes and when we went to the US two years ago I forgot the kids pj's and the choice of pj's there is awful and I looked everywhere.

Kaz
Can anyone tell me what the hangar situation is. I have just purchased 100 huggable hangars so if needs be I can take all the plastic shop ones with me and leave them there. However, if Lykia supply plenty then I won't bother.
We found there to be plenty but it wouldn't hurt to take a few with you if you've the room.

My 5 year olds really enjoyed the kids club and they don't bother with the usual tour operator ones. They especially enjoyed the judo lesons that take place most mornings where they wear the full suit and get to throw the instructor, he's great!! Also the clown hunt is fab, the kiddies get to find the clown around Lykia world by following the trail of sweets. And the shows are absoluteley amazing. My elder boys wouldn't go to the first ones reherseals but after they saw the twins in Nemo they couldn't wait to be in the Action Heros ones, great for all those budding spidermen and batmen. The costumes for the kids to wear are fantastic.
Can anybody tell me whether the fridges have a freezer section.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.