Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
Some people only seem to enjoy their holidays if they are finding fault with everything!
Bellingham, as Pamplemousse has answered you can't walk to Hisaronu and you wouldn't want to walk to Olu Deniz either.

As others have mentioned you have all the drinks included at meal times. We maybe only bought one or two cans of coke a day plus maybe one or two large bottles of water, and sometimes a can from the mini fridge late at night. I never drink water at home, but found I wanted to drink it whilst there as its so hot. Also drank plenty of water when passing the various water dispensers dotted around the complex. I don't think you will find much need to buy lots of drinks.

We went to Hisaronu personally, because it has a nice atmosphere and make a change plus you can get presents etc or cheap designer gear maybe.
Hi iloveholidays100, i have just throught if they fancy a coke you can walk in any resarant and get one, i keep forgetting how this hotel works we are only used to AI hotels, i would love to go to Lara but it is a Russion and German resort, but with fantastic hotels. Yours Janice
You will not find this a prominently british resort either bellingham, although I prefer that. Maybe your teens will prefer the water because of the heat, after all more hydrating.
Hi Pamplemoussse, I s it correct you can go in any restarant in the day time and get a drink, i had the restarant times somewhere but i cannot find it now, i dont fancy paying 2euro for a can of coke i would rather go to the nearest supermarket and buy my own i hate being ripped off, it makes my angry as they can buy them for around 15p a can. Yours Janice
Hi

I know this is a currency question but I really want the opinion of people who have been to Lykia World.

I haven't purchased any currency yet. In the past I have always withdrawn at ATM's via my Nationwide Card. This time its slightly different as three types of currency seem to be accetable. I will be settling the bar bills at Lykia with my Nationwide CC but wondered how easy it is to get money from ATM's ie is there one in Lykia or is it very expensive to use, or would I be better of getting cash from ATM's in Olu when out on a shopping trip.

I will be taking sterling to pay the cab and for the visa's but would be grateful if you could advise in your experience which would be the best type of curency to have with us for shopping trips. Having said that I assume credit cards will be acceptable in the shops and that cash would only be needed for the market stalls.

Thanks
Kaz
Hi Kazd
we do what you are intending. Use our CC to settle our bill and take some sterling for shopping. There is no ATM in Lykia World.
The euro is the "official" currency of LW. You are right, though, they accept anything.
We just take our CC and some English tenners. You will get YTL in change. Taxis booked at LW can be put on your final bill.
Hi Bridd

What do you reckon would be the preferred currency to use in Olu or Hisoranu - thinking shopping trips here.

As cabs from lykia can be added to the bill and bar bills can be settled by CC then would there be much need to carry euro's. Having said that I would rather be left with euro's than turkish lira. But then I had also read that it was better to pay by Lira in the the markets and shops. A bit confusing methinks :?
Hi Kazd
I avoid shopping when on holiday. Get enough hassle at home. :lol:
As far as I know, English money gets you the best deal but best check with others who shop.
We always get rid of any left over Lira by giving it in tips as we are leaving. If you still have any you can always use it at the airport. The prices there are awful.
I took english £10's which I used when shopping in Hisaronu. Used euros for the taxi. I didn't have any YTL at all and didn't need it. My sisterinlaw was given YTL as change in the chemist used as tip for maid etc. Most things in the tourists shops are priced as £10. or two for £10 etc. So no change needed. Used the Azda in Hisaronu and paid using a Visa card, no problems. As Bridd has said settled the hotel bill with Visa to.
bellingham - You can only get fizzy drinks at main meal times, at snack time, 2.30-5.30pm you can get the other soft drinks other wise you have to pay I'm afraid. Maybe this will be a good time to wean them off the coke abit :wink:
I was thinking about taking some bottled water in my case, you know the sports bottle type. I thought they would be handy because I could buy a large bottle and refill them. I know there are water fountains around but is it just tap water or purified cool water. I also just want something to have in the room, especially if the kids end up going back for a dvd or something.

By the way are there coffee making facilities in the room.
The water coolers at the bars and the water on the tables at meal times is filtered. We have drunk it every time we have been there and it's fine. I buy a litre bottle of water every evening from one of the bars. There is a happy hour, I think its from 6 till 7 when everything is half price.
There is no kettle, coffee maker or similar in the rooms. There is a mini bar which we use as a fridge for our own water. We ask reception to empty the mini bar when we arrive.
Leave for Lykia in approx 8 hours cannot wait , hope everything is as good as I imagine, although I expect it will be as we went in Oct. Will write a review as soon as |I get back. We have taken Euros and Sterling. Happy Holidays Everyone!!
Lois,

Have a great time, hopefully see you there next week. I am sure Adam will go happily to the kids clubs once he knows the twins are there.

Kaz
Hi LMB - Hope you have a great holiday!!! We love Lykia and would be very very interested to hear what it's like in the school summer holidays (when I am hoping to go next year!). EG. Sunbed scramble, a table at the Marina, kids club capacity, the heat .....

Anice (shake shake shake shake lykia world, lykia world, gimme some more ......)
"Lykia World's on fire ......."

Happy Holidays - I'm jealous, and I'm going to the Dordogne for a week tomorrow. Still checking those prices ...

Shake shake shake shake ....
Hi pamplemousse, are the fizzy drinks Tang as we had this last time we was in Turkey, i think myself Tabg has got that many e numbers compared to coke as we was taking to people who had children went hyper when after drinkink Tang after a few days,my children drank coke and never got hyper, and as for the happy hour i think i will get my water then and then fill the bottles up with the free water, me my husband and daughter will drink water but my son likes coke and fresh oangejuice. Yours Janice
Bellingham

Have you explained to your children how bad coke is for their teeth. My children are allowed fizzy and sweets twice a week, ie Friday and Saturday or in the hols Wednesday and Saturday. This was on the advice of our dentist. We have had this in place for years and the kids accept it. Obviously there are exceptions parties etc. I am pleased to say though that my eldest has not had one filling nor even a hint of decay and he is almost 13.

Do them a favour and use this holiday to wean them off the coke.

I am a bit paranoid about this as I grew up with a morbid fear of the dentist and have a mouth full of fillings. I did not want my children to suffer the same fate and have been vigilant.

Sorry back to topic.

Does anyone know if you can do scuba diving, if so is it a payable activity. My husband was asking last night. Also does anyone have any prices for the spa, just interested, not something I normally spend money on but my indulge over there. Never felt I could justify £25 - £50 for a neck massage etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.