Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
hiya,

one you can only upgrade in this country, so contact TC now - they may have to cancel your booking and make a new booking to generate a new booking refrence number to get the AI and it would be £49 per person - if your not heavy drinkers i would'nt bother - as for your little one take what you need with you in your luggage or hand luggage as long as its not over 100ml in liquid, turkey customs are ok - you will have to pay £10 per person for a visa tho even kids and babies pay.

private transfers - i booked with Hamish Mcturk - find his website and i paid £50 each way for 2 people :offtop but only pay the drive for each journey and i gave a £5 tip. tell him GREGG recommend him !!

ask the customer relations team manager regarding the food for your little one - they will help you out no problem if not ask for ERNST he's the general Manager of Lykia World and he's great - will do anything to help you.

just go and enjoy yourselfs i'm sure along with Bridd you will be going back year after year

only one thing - please come back and post a review for others

gregg
Hi Gregg

Iam going again in september is there a list for the all inc drinks? And you said in your post that ice creams are not included, does this mean just the ice creams in the ice cream parlour or all the ice creams and lollies from all the bars

regards
darren
hiya ,

will send you the list if you PM me your email addy as there is a lot on it,
Hi Gregg

Any luck with the all inc menu

many thanks
Darren
Hi Gregg

Thanks for that its been most helpfull, just 10 more weeks to go, it seems like I wish my life away just for my holiday to come.

darren
Hi, I'm going to LW on 4th Aug, I see everything is Euros onsite but should I bring Turkish lire for trips & markets ?
We did as they are the local currency, and we used them when we used to go into Olu Deniz of an evening, seemed more natural to do so really and what the locals would expect to be given. The trouble with using something like Euros when out and about, lots of traders will be doing quick calculations in their heads or on their phones to convert amounts from Lira to Euro or whatever you are trying to pay in, it will all happen so quick that you will not be sure what exchange rate things are being converted over at.

In Lykia itself it isn't a problem as you get a very official looking computer generated itemised bill that you will have time to check throroughly & although it's about 4 years since i have been, I think it gave totals in both Euros and Lira, although that may have changed to just Euros now.
They'll give you your bill in any currency you like. Just let them know when you're checking out
hello all,

its that time of year again !!!

just looking at TC and HD for best prices !!!

heard last year that TC contract is up the end of this year and thomsons are moving back into the holiday frame at lykia but then thats 2014 and i wana go june !!!
all inc is up to £52 this year per person -

can get a good flight at 7.45am but overall holiday for 1 week for 2 adults is £1400

anyone know of getting it cheaper - even tried flying with monarch and booking hotel with lw but thats nearly 2K

gregg
Hi guys, if any of you have visited Lykia World recently, we'd love some updated reviews: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/olu-deniz/lykia-world-village-hotel/

Cheers

Chris
hi Chris , what would u like to know ?
Gregg,

Chris is just asking if any members who have been recently can post their reviews of the hotel rather than asking anything specifically.

Darren
Daz / Chris,

i've been 9 times over 8 years, the last time being June / July last year, Lykia World is big and many things to cover,
can go into detail of any area but to list them it would take pages to type, some people want to know the type of accomodation, entertainment on offer, Bar Prices, What the food is like and the pools etc.

I can even advise with should you want day trips or activtities and where to get the pest prices or how to find out.

I dont mind answering any questions for future holiday makers as it does help knowing what your going too,

hope this helps as it would give me an idea of what your requesting other than what the tour operators brochers states.

gregg
Hi Gregg,

We're are just looking for 'general' reviews of accommodations, if you look at the link I posted, no one has posted am update review of Lykia World. Appreciate your help on the boards though!

Cheers

Chris
Chris,

there are 2 types of accommodation 1 ) Residence and 2 ) the Village,

Residence :- is mainly like a hotel, from reception it has 4 floors ( with lifts ) however if you walk down one of the corridors ( say towards the sea end ) floor 3 becomes floor 7 as it is built into the mountains ( hope it helps. in residence they are all the same ( twin or double ) nice barth/shower room and sink is out side of the bathroom but in a cornered off area with also your wardrobes and there is a FREE safe in them ( you just enter a 4 or 6 pin number you make up ) then in the bed room area you have your beds with a side table and a dressing table with mirror, then there is the tv on a cabinet with the mini bar in the cabinet, if you take any thing the cost will be added to your room bill ( it is NOT FREE ) - if you ask them to empty it they will charge to upto if not more than 10 euros -( i just put my own coke in it or water ) then you have your balcony with 2 chairs and a table.
the other accomodation in the residence is a suite - mainly 2 rooms and these are on the ground floor - same level as the blue lagoon pool ( adults only ). we walk past these to get to the pool and they smell musty / damp. they might be ok inside but then we stay in the standard rooms.

THE VILLAGE.
is more of blocks - depends where they have placed you as it could be a bit of a walk to the village area, where breakfast / meals are, there are no lifts in any of these blocks and they are near to the same as the residence but you do have a corner shower in some n no bath.
I've also been told that when people are walking back to their room at night - you can hear their foot steps as it is tilled floor also some people do make a noise when going back to their rooms either their drunk or just loud
in addidtion to the residence, all their rooms have been tiled and all carpets taken out, the corridors still have carpets ( unless they have removed these 2012/2013 winter period )

depending on who you book with but they now do all inclusive for an extra £52 - but this must be in with your original booking with tour operator here in the uk, by way of all inclusive - it does NOT INCLUDE - ice cream, it DOES iniclude local drinks ie vodka, beers etc also water - we were to adults and we got through 2 bottle a day,

or they do a card - where you pay 100 Euro and they load it with 125 Euro but i can asure you that will go fast if you drink at night

anything else you need to know just ask

i'm still trying to find a good price for this year !!! :que

gregg
Gregg,two bottles a day, thats a lot of Vodka! :rofl :rofl :rofl
fitter - i like the way your thinking !!!

it was meant to be 2 bottles of water, - only drink / coffee during the day !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.