Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
First - WELCOME BACK HT

As i mentioned in my previous posting they are charging it in euros but i can see why they will not execpt english notes as i have in the past paid my bill in both englisg/ euros and on my debt card.

we go on 25th june till 2nd juy and are taking 200 euros - 100 for the card - so we get 125 euros and the rest will be on the room card as normal

be carefull when using this card - you will use it up very quickly as ice cream brought outside the meal times are 3.50 euros ( £3.20 ) or more for a lemonade sparkle and a vodaka and coke costs 7.50 euros then you pay vat (20%) on top when you pay your bill !! not sure if the price is going up so the vat is included at the bar other wise we could be saving a bit.

your children will love it there however not sure if their ages will mean if they are in the same club or not as the are strict on the ages in the clubs to keep to that age group and have known a brother n sister being split !! but then it will give them both something to talk about afterwards of the things they got up too.

what dates are you going ?
just got my e-tickets today to not long now !!

gregg
what dates are you going ?
Anyone else going this year ?

or has any one been this year ?

what has changed and are the prices gone up ?

any info would be good

gregg
Hi all

Just been pricing up for october this year and direct holidays are offering an all inclusive option for just £49.00 pp over and above the full board package. Is this an error as ive been going for ten years and appart from magic card there has never been this option.

thanks
There's nothing on LW's own website. Maybe just the equivelant of the price of the magic card? £49 a week sounds a bit cheap though. I thought the magic card was 19 euros a day? Interesting
Hi All

Just phoned lw uk office and the all inclusive offer is now availabe it started yesterday. if you book with direct holidays its £49.00 per person extra for one week, only seven pounds a day, sounds too cheep but lw have confimed it.

darren
Haven't been for a few years but if the standards are still as high as when I went I would say that is a bargain :tup
hello all,

I phoned LW resort a while ago and asked about the magic card - last year it was 19 euros per day per person in the room. this year they told me - you pay £100 euro and they load onto the card £125 euro !!

THe AI seems a bargain - I'm going 25th in just over a week !! do you think i could change my booking to become AI as i'm going as i've always done drinks with meals and then pay for everything else ?

I made my booking with Direct holidays but flying with Monarch - will phone them later and find out and will report back to everyone

great news if it is cheap and AI - think of those familys and the children and us in the evening at the bar !!!! :cheers :cheers :pele :pele :pele

gregg
I agree it seems a good deal but I hope going AI doesn't have a detrimental effect on LW. I've always enjoyed it more than AI places as you hardly ever see lots of drunk people. We'll see
just sopken to DH and their getting back to me with a price to upgrade to AI, why dont they just turn it all to AI - as i see it we'll have to wear a wrist band other wise unless they still swipe your card but clear the bill at reception on looking at your account for staying there !!

will post reply when i get it

gregg
Great NEws,

Lykia world, now does 3 types :-

5* full board Plus

Magic Card - pay 100 Euro and receive a card with 125 Euros on it.

or you can go AI which means ALL drinks - Coffee / tea / Juices / soft drinks and ALL alchol drinks are included including Ice creams etc

I have upgraded for my holiday in a weeks time and was charged £7 per person per night = £49 per week to become AI.

if your thinking of going and its the same price - then book it - cos i'm sure the holiday will go up in price soon !!

I dont think people will drink more but enjoy the holiday better.

Gregg :cheers
Good news gregg glad they upgraded your holiday to all inc, have a good time
also when i spoke to lw uk they told me the all inc would work on the same principle as the magic card menu, which i have a copy of from last year,if anyone wants a copy let me know

Darren
dazman,

I picked up a copy last year but not sure if its the same, was told it is going to be different coloured cards.

i would be grate full if you can post a copy of the menu so to speak on here or i'll give you my email

cheers

gregg
UPDATE

got a call from DH today ( 3 days before i fly !! ) lw will not allow AI to those who booked before 1st June 2012, DH gave me a few choices,

1) have a refund and go as 5* full board.

2 ) have a full refund .

3 ) they cancel my booking and make a NEW booking to generate a new reference number and booking date to obtain the AI .

guess which one i took !! - yep i took option 3 , how ever as it is so close to traveling we have to now pick up our tyickets at the airport with a lot of others who have had the same thing happen to them. then join the Q to check in !! as they could not send my so called E TICKET to my email account, yet they could send the cancellation notice and the invoice for the new booking.

so please beware if you booked before 1st june your holiday then as i have done upgraded to AI after the 1st june -also Found out today that it was TC who pushed LW into doing AI ??

gregg
hello all,

i'm justy back and have news for all, will post a full review in a few days which includes the new AI idea

gregg
hiya all,

just returned and here is my review,

first the food and bar prices are the same as last year, the new AI has only been introduced by TC not by any other TO so the russians and germans do not get it. and it is only on trial for this year, it is a very limited AI menu ie - local drinks / coffee / soft drinks & bottled water etc it does NOT include ice creams / cakes etc
we found it to be ok, however speaking to some one at lykia - it would seam that their are a few abusing this and it could lead to people getting drunk etc - which to keep lykia as it is - i would say get rid of the AI idea as it is a place for families and enjoyment.

LW program of entertainment is now done over either 2 or 4 weeks- so guests dont see the same show twice during their stay - ie - gala night and white night - i was also told that they have a brand new show of pirates fighting with ships etc in the main village pool to start soon - that would be great to watch.

they are also looking at other entertainment for the teanagers and some kind of out late door disco for adults.

i was also informed that thomas cook is only under contract until the end of 2013 season then it will be put out to tender to invite back thomson holidays too or and other tour operators - so this should bring the price down.

it would be nice if LW inforced a dress code a for meal times as there seemed to be a lot of people just wearing swimwear and also they should enforce casual clothes for the evening as alot were wearing sports wear - it should be smart trousers n shirt for the gents and smart dress for the ladies .

this would bring back the old LW standards that we regular guesatd are used too.

gregg
Interesting Gregg. I don't like AI for thereasons you mention. I liked the vibe at LW when there wasn't the drinking culture. I hope they go back to FB+
hiya bridd,

not everyone knows about the AI yet and it is only on trial for this year with TC, i can say i've tried it and i kept a note of what we spent and i mean we did not go mad, usual coffees / bottled water and the vodka and coke at night as i'm not a heavy drinker, and we saved around £80.
A drinking family would save more but then it ruins the run of the place and that elite feeling you have by being there.

I hope it returns to the old Lykia style as we are all used too and does not go AL and like i said it is a limited menu to buy from.
We are newbies in Lykia World but have been highly recommended and after 3 years 'umming-and-ahhhing' we are finally going for 14 nights with our 5 year old and 1 year old... am wondering if anyone can recommend /advise on the following:

1. Private Transfers - whats the best place to book these? Direct with the hotel or online e.g. resorthoppa?
2. Food allergies - My 15 month old has various food allergies (Egg, Milk, Soya, Tomatoes) and results in Eczema... I've heard the food is fantastic but wondered how well they cater for allergies if anyone has any previous first hand experience?
3. How strict are customs - we will have to pack quite a few tins of special baby milk formula, biscuits and ellas kitchen pouches and wonder if we are likely to get stopped if bringing in food stuffs or maybe we can pre-send a box of food over?
4. We are full board and booked with TC in January, will we be able to upgrade to AI with TC when we get there?

Any advice much appreciated (I have emailed hotel direct as well but always useful to get others experiences and advice as like to be prepared)

:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.