Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A great start.Looking forward to the rest.

Papa
Oh Danny
You didn't tell me about the accomodation. :yikes You had a difficult trip and you also had to come to terms with not having Lynn there with you. But at least you found you had friends there.
Danny, you have got me feeling all emotional already. This is like the start of a good book....Looking forward to more to come.
Jackie
Danny i have to say i had to wipe away a few tears reading you holiday report. looking forward to the rest. :( Gel
Danny, you've got me sat on the edge of my seat, time in jail :yikes !!
Danny I have a lump in my throat reading your report big hugs for you :ghug please will you write some more I will be on and off this puter all the time to see what you have to write next I cant wait to read more xxx colleen
Oh Danny, like IC and GEL, your report has got me in tears, so sorry that it was such a bad start to your holiday and it sounds like it got a whole lot worse too. I will look forward to reading about your adventure but can you warn us if we are going to need a box of tissues strategically placed by the computer :cry

Glad you got back safely though and I am sure Lynn would be proud that you managed to overcome so much whilst in Goa.
:cheers Fizz
Danny, I am sending you a hug.

Sheila.
Oh Danny, my screens gone all blurry, have a big cyber hug.
Cant wait for the next instalment, on tenterhooks to read about your jail episode
I will carry on with the report as soon as I can think how to word it, the next part I find a little disturbing and needed guidance from Fiona{ thank you Fiona)but I think it is relevant to holidays in Goa, and I would like to thank the people who have responded to the first part of my report, we each go to Goa for different reasons, my agenda is probably different to many others, I've never thought of myself as an emotionly weak person so the last 12 months has been an eye opener to me.
To grief for a partner is not being emotionally weak Danny.
That put a lump in my throat too, we were in Benaulim for a couple of days and I looked for you in Pedro's but didn't see you :( Look forward to the rest of your report.
I'm sorry I missed you Callum, I was looking forward to seeing you, after 2 duff meals and a couple of warm beers, I moved camp accross the car park to Funnys( ex raphaels), I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Danny
Danny,
the emotionally strong accept their loss and grieve, the weak do not grieve, they hide their feelings and pretend to themselves.
If grieving means shedding a few tears, thats not weakness, it's a sign of the strength of the love that you had.

can't wait to find out what you did to deserve a visit to jail!

............... and respect to someone who could go alone, I am not sure that I would have the courage.
Danny I dont know what to say, I just feel very sad reading your report. Hope things improved on holiday (after from being arrested!!!). Looking forward to reading more ....
the next morning Iwas up early to unpack, igot my holiday reading book(parky)and down for breakfast, i also had to find were i could leave my insulin and pen, in the fridge at funnys was the best I could get, after a bit of brekky I decided to walk up to leanoras, thats the shack were we spent most of last season, I met up with Wendy and john from last year, they went home just before Lynn died last year, but after finding out about Lynns death they sent me a card and we have kept in touch ever since, it also gave me the chance to see Jack and Ronnie the 2 lads who work in Leanoras, I've known these boys a good while and I must say I was disapointed that they had learned industrial language and used it freely, sad really, but over the course of the holiday I learned that if the F word was taken out of our language a lot of people would have nothing to say.
When I got back to funnys, a man joined me at my table, aman I will call Bob, he spent the next month with me, a man with his own agenda for being in Goa, he was one of 4 alcoholics that I met on this holiday, very nice people, untill they were drunk, Bob told me of the disco at funnys that night, so it was have a kip then shower then food and then its party time,thats when my troubles started ( Fiona please delete anthing you think should not be read on this forum) I got absolutley stinko, 2 boys helped me home, they tell me they left me on the bed, but i must have got up again and sat outside and fell asleep, when i awoke there was someone with there hand up my shorts. I thought I had just pushed him away and went to my room, but the following afternoon there were 2 armed pollice at my door with the guy who was making a complaint against me, he had got stitches on the bridge of his nose which they said was broken, the complaint was that I was a homosexual who made a move on him and when he refused I had beaten him, they wanted me to pay all his hospital fees, for the treatment he had already received and the future bills untill he was right again, I told them no chance, so I was carted of to the cells in Colva, and I got a bit of a belting for my troubles.
My god Danny this is horrific and sounds like a holiday from hell ...
we read about things like this in the newspapers but its still shocking when we hear one of our members has gone through it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.