Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Taggy

I've not booked yet - don't know whether to travel from here, or from UK, ironically it'll probably be cheaper to fly to UK and then back! I like Sol Hotels, so will probably book direct with them, but I'll be cramming a bit of r & r with a bit of R & D, so will be checking out eating and entertainment venues - a real busman's holiday!

Maybe bump into you out there - we'll be over about the same time!

Sorry if I'm :offtop

Cheers

Adam
booked magaluf park for 27th april going for 2 weeks also booked benidorm for 23rd october that way we get the best of both great resorts is the car boot on in magaluf at that time of year and can anyone let me know where abouts it is thanks julie :?:
There is one major difference between Benidorm and Magaluf which hasn't been mentioned. Benidorm is a great resort with an attractive old town, good beaches and plenty of nightlife. It's also extremely crowded in the summer and this is where the difference comes into play.

There is nowhere to escape to within a reasonable distance.

From Magaluf, on the other hand, you can drive to magnificent Palma in 10 minutes, in the same time reach one of 'Europe's Top Twenty Beaches' (according to The Sunday Times), drive up the hugely scenic west coast, visit any number of wonderful towns, horse ride in the mountains, scuba-dive off deserted coves, eat in exquisite restaurants, walk in unspoilt countryside... Nowhere on the island is more than a couple of hours away and it really offers an amazing variety of scenery and activities.

There's nothing at all wrong with all day 'English' breakfasts, colourful coacktails ornamented with paper parasols, televisions permanently tuned to football or endless rows of shops selling risque t-shirts. Just that sometimes you might fancy something else and that, I believe, is where Mallorca wins hands down.
Julie the car boot is about a fives min walk from the Magalluf Park. If you walk towards Macdonalds cross the road, walk down between the Fiesta Sahara and Fiesta Tropico, it`s on the waste ground behind them.In April we went to it.

You will love both Majorca and Benidorm, I don`t think any one should compare them. Each in it`s own right is fantastic. I never compare places I just go and enjoy what each lovely place has to offer.

Where are you staying in Benidrom ?
hi christine staying at hotel orange
The Orange is idealy situated be sure to check out the old town.

I go to Magalluf Park on the 11 th April for 7 nights if there`s anything you want me to check out for you when there let me know.

Have you been to Magalluf before ? It will be my 4th time in April, I love the place. Last year loads of places were open, only thing still to open were the water parks, I think they open 1st May. Most places tend to open their water parks between 1st May - end September.
hi christine been to magaluf park before about 3 years ago but went end oct but everything was closing down benny hills was open just a few bars there were more open in palma nova we still enjoyed it though went in a bar oposite magaluf park saw leepy lee tony richie if you know of any good places i would be gratfull if you could let me know thanks julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.