Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi - we were in Playa de Palma at start of the month - we booked PDP because we were told that p/n & magaluf would still be busy at that time of year!! We went along early one evening - just for a drive to have a look really - and i couldnt believe how many hotels were totally closed down, boarded up and everything!! There were alot of bars the same, i was really quite surprised!
Must be the same throughout Majorca. We were hoping to go to Sa Coma in October (around the 20th) but were advised by someone living there not to bother because it was so quiet :shock: . Gx
I cant imagine too many of the all inclusive hotels being open at this time of year.

Its out of season, many places would be totally shut at least magaluf/palma nova has a few things open and there is always palma town down the road for shopping and extra nightlife.

Not the right time of the year for the stag and hens so it will be a few birthday groups,golfers and some people looking for a nice cheap out of season break.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Done a quick search and the only A/I hotel I could find currently open in the area is the Palmanova Palace at the far end of Palmanova. I do not think this would harm the Magaluf bars.
I think a lot of people head for Benidorm around this time of the year as most hotels and bars are still open.

Robert
I wonder if they were referring to the A/I hotels across the island not just in Palma Nova?????
We stayed in an All Inc Riu hotel in PDP and it was one of quite a few that is open right thru the winter and whilst this is mostly a German area throughout our week the number of Brits at our hotel and in the resort increased alot!!!
I think this all inclusive is awfull for local trade, my oldies went to Ibiza, Cala Longa. they had been a few years ago and really liked it. Majority of bars shut, like a ghost town because of the all inclusive hotels.
I found this year that S'illot was so quiet the same reason all the Germans had the armbands on, they just walked along the prom and never spent a euro in any bars or restaurants.
A hotel we stay at in Palma Nova owned by a friend, caters for 18-30s.
He closed before his normal time,mid Oct last year.This year he has closed end of Sept.
Hi Folks

Yes it's true that Magalluf is very quiet this month, more so than last year, and it's really very little to do with all-inclusive Hotels, simply that no-one is marketing holidays at his time of year, and in Magalluf there are only two main hotels open - the Magalluf Park, which is open through the winter, and is quite busy, and the Fiesta Sahara (now known as the Fresh Sahara) which shot itself in the foot by dithering whether it was going to be open or not, and is very quiet, and which closes on 8th or 9th December. Because the Sahara is so quiet it means that the bigger bars nearby like Jokers and Benny Hills are struggling, and most nights have more staff than customers. However there are still many bars which are open (including ours) and although we are not busy, we are doing our bit to try and keep Magalluf open.

However please do not fall into the trap of thinking that holidaymakers are dis-advantaged by this lack of other holidaymakers. The weather for the last month has been unbelievably good, and people are enjoying the excellent weather, the special offers available at many bars, and the low cost of Hotel rooms and flights.

People who come on holiday in November do not come here to party all day and night, and I hear very few complaints from them. Fresh Sahara is currently offering rooms at 1 pound sterling a night, and it's possible to get flights at less than 30 pounds sterling, to a beautiful resort, with dozens of bars, shops and restaurants open.

However we are still getting day visitors who have booked holidays at places like Sa Coma and Santa Ponca, and find that they really are ghost towns, with virtually no businesses open at all.

Cheers

Adam
We stayed in Magaluf last November for a couple of nights and are planning to fly out on Sunday for a pre Christmas break. BMI Baby has some excellent flight deals if you are quick enough

Last year we were surprised just how quiet the resort was , but still like Adam said were able to find more than enough bars etc to amuse ourselves. This time we are staying at the Mag Park - booked direct via website and with the benefit of the Sol Card.

I look forward to walking on the beach, siping a drink ( or two) and a good session of retail therapy in Palma and Alcampo

Regards

Craine
What will it be like over Christmas? Any info appreciated. Gx
In Mag at moment and it is busier than this time last year with many more pubs open Palma Nova round by Eastenders dead and all the bars on the strip apart from Chaplins closed but some of bars behind Jamacia hotel ie:- Woodys , Piano Bar and Robin Hood still open. Jokers bar closed but Benny Hills still has PR outside but no one inside.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.