Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We stayed at Lykia World Residence last August and Magic Life Seven Seas Imperial in Side this May/June. We enjoyed both holidays very much. Each had ways in which they were better than the other.

Did price comparison before booking and Magic Life, whilst the most expensive Thomson hotel in Side, was still considerably cheaper than Lykia for our party. Also it is AI, so there's less extra spending.

Lykia wins hands down on its beautiful setting. Also I think the food was better. The room was larger.

I suspect Lykia would be better if you have children under 10 as their entertainment seemed absolutely brilliant. The waterpark at Seven Seas was aimed more at teenagers. The 'crazy river' was over 12s only. The slides were very high. Free banana boats and waterskiing at Magic Life good for teens too. (Other Magic Lifes offered by Thomson in Turkey do not have waterpark.) See website http://www.magiclife.com/index.php?id=28&=&L=1

We wanted to visit a different part of Turkey. Have you already been to either area before? Lots of Brits at Lykia. Mostly German speaking at Magic Life since it is Austrian company. However all signs and announcements made in both languages.

A lot depends on what is important to you and who is in your party. All I can say is I would happily return to either. Please ask if you have any specific questions. Happy to help.
Thank you for your reply.
I will look at lykia world.
Not been to Magic Life but Lykia was wonderful. The food was lovely as were the surroundings. Also lots of activities for both adults and children. We are looking to return in 2009, too expensive for us for next year unfortunately so hoping to get a good deal when the new lot of brochures come out.
Hi are the alcohol and soft drinks expensive
Wine, beer and soft drinks at mealtimes (as much as you want) are included in the price. International branded spirits and other drinks at the bar are about the same as you would pay in the UK. Local drinks are a bit cheaper.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.