Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If this is a timeshare then he could be into a couple of hundred a week or more.
Hi Sam....
its not a time-share....
They have "purchased" it..(if that is possible in Goa...or maybe conned and its on a 5year lease...) :que
Sorry no, but as you can rent a 2 bedroom apartment for less than £100 a week why would anyone purchase one for 5 years.
Hi Noggin, it sounds very much like a timeshare to me, what do they do with the other 47 wks when they are not in Goa.. :think ....Keith
I think you will find they probably have bought the apartment.As it's illegal for foreigners to own property in Goa,the builders offer them a 5 year lease.Whatever happens after the 5 years is anyone's guess,but they will never actualy own the apartment.

John
hi noggin. it can be anything from £100-£300 we pay £300 a year but well worth it :tup ..toe
Like i said in previous posts....it is NOT a time-share :duh
Toe...do you own the place you have got ???
I think you will find they probably have bought the apartment.As it's illegal for foreigners to own property in Goa,the builders offer them a 5 year lease.Whatever happens after the 5 years is anyone's guess,but they will never actualy own the apartment.

This is the one thing about Goa that is almost impossible to get a definitive answer on. :duh

We have friends who have owned houses in Goa (they had 5 year visas), but have now sold. It is their experiences that have put us off buying.
My understanding is that - there are ways and means to buy a house in Goa, but you will never own the land that it stands on.
This is similar to the feudal system that used to operate in the UK, before we were granted the right to purchase the freehold.

Would you want Mr Shelley to own the land that your house stands on? :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.