Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Mmmm, doesn't seem to be much interest in this forum at the moment.
Not to worry , just hope the site colours are up to scratch. :rofl
I keep my eye on the CDS froum but I'm afraid I don't have much info on the taxis as we normally use the train to get us about.

Sorry!
I seem to remember that the taxi rank has a marshal controlling the flow of taxis. Can anybody confirm this please.

Yes, very well organised
As there are 5 in our party I wondered if he could call up a bigger vehicle licensed to carry us all.

No, only taxis are allowed in the taxi rank, so they will put you into 2 cabs if there's 5 passengers.
Taxis are only licensened to carry 4 passengers....therefore you will either have to arrange your own private transport or use the bus/train.
Not to worry , just hope the site colours are up to scratch. :rofl

No yellow cabs in Malaga :D

Sanji
All my queries answered by the mighty Sanji (The female version of Simon Callow).

Sanji am I right in thinking that the Malaga to Fuengirola rail line is zoned and therefore it is cheaper to travel within the zone?
Des.
hi again Des,

Malaga is in the same zone as fuengirola. I think the fare for fuengirola was something like 2 euro each.

Not sure if this topic will be any help to you http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=153471&p=1548418&hilit=renfe#p1548418
All my queries answered by the mighty Sanji (The female version of Simon Callow).

:rofl Think you mean Simon Calder... just trying to be helpful if others can't be bothered to answer your query, and with accurate information where possible. :wink:
Sanji am I right in thinking that the Malaga to Fuengirola rail line is zoned and therefore it is cheaper to travel within the zone?

Yes, the zones are as follows......use the zoom and the arrow buttons to enlarge the map and move it around.
http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/mapa_zonas_malaga.html

Which leads me on to say...There's recently been a rise in train fares from Malaga Airport.
The increase in local train fares from Malaga Airport means that the cost of a single ticket has risen by as much as 12.7% and if you are catching the C1 train from Malaga Airport to Fuengirola, there will be a rise from either 2.95 euros (during the week) or 3 euros (weekends) to a standard 3.35 euros.
The day return discount has now been abolished, so, a round trip on the same day will now costs 6.70 euros instead of 4.50 euros.

Renfe claim that the day return discount was only used by 7% of passengers, (I doubt that) so they have abolished it and replaced it with a new tariff deal. However, if you use the train a lot, it may be better to purchase a Bonotren ticket, which offers ten train trips, which are valid for a month, and can be used by more than one person travelling the same route.....for example, Malaga-Fuengirola ten tickets cost €23.45.

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/abonos_y_descuentos/bonotren.html

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2012-06-03 20:45:32
Sorry Des, I didn't realise there'd been a substantial increase in fares. We were only there in April and it wasn't that much then.

Hope you have a good holiday.
Thanks Sanji and Shirley.
Still quite a saving on the cost of a private transfer.
Looking forward to a nice break in 2 weeks time.

(Simon Callow indeed) What a plonker!!!!!! :rofl
can anyone tell me the approx price from malaga airport to san pedro by taxi from airport

thanks in advance
Anyone know the latest taxi fares from the airport to Fuengirola and is there any difference in the cost if you pre-book or take your chance at the taxi-rank?
Last time we went it was around €30-35. I don't think it makes a difference whether you pre-book or not.

However have a look at private transfers via Travel Republic. They can be around the same price, but you will know the cost before you get there and take your chance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.