Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I was advised to take Malaria tablets when I went to Cambodia although I was told the risk was low for a short visit to Angkor Wat. If you choose not to take the tablets do absolutely cover yourself with insect repellents especially at night. When I was there there was an outbreak of Dengue fever which is also caused by mosquitos and unfortunately there aren't any tablets that can be taken for this disease. I took both tablets and used repellents. I always think it's better to be safe than sorry.
The best place for info is your doctor.
We have decided to take the tablets whilst we are in Cambodia - Malarone, a bit more expensive but no side effects other than excess wind!!!! and only need to take one day before we enter Cambodia, during the visit and 5 days after we leave. As you say better safe than sorry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.