Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Male Sexism
11 Posts
That is really bad. i have indian friends that work in a beach shack and we all went 2 cabana 1 night but they turned most of them away but wouldnt give good reason. i think it is totally out of order and anyone should be allowed to go in. everyone wants to have fun in goa so why spoil it for guys.
That's the problem! There's nothing you can do ether. We'll I for one will be going to Goa year after year. But there is no way I shall ever return to tito's. They will also receive a lot of bad press from me when I tell friends, forum users of my experiences.
Were the bouncers local? Surely you flexed your biceps 8)

Oh and PM me the Mambo address :D .....err that was a joke by the way :P
I'm not normally one to generalise, but, all bouncers are :swear . Thankfully i've never been to these places, i've been too old since I was 22
Maybe this thing goes on worldwide?

I remember holidaying in Hisaronu in Turkey. They had a popular bar...just an ordinary outside bar with music..no dancing! They too had a 'bouncer' on the 'door'...even though there was no cost to get in. He would make sure no local or turkish lads came in. We took it that it was so that they didn't hassle the female tourists :wink:
Hi Mardon,

Tito's always charged for stags to enter their premises, nothing to do with the after 10pm ruling. I think the reason that they do it is to protect the female tourists from the over zealous males!!!......either that or they see an easy way to make money.
I'm glad it's not put you off going back to Goa - there's more to Goa than Tito's and plenty of places to go after the bars have closed.

GFF xx
Goa isn't about tito at all but if its there it'd be nice to use it.

They were local and I heard some scary stories but as its only hear-say I wont repeat it on a forum. All i'll say is it'd be a very bad idea to flex your muscles.

I'm going to stay round friendlier places next year.
Sounds very doom and gloom, an isolated incident I would think.
I can assure you its not an isolated incident. I saw it happening to other males not in our group too.
i go to goa every year sometimes up to 6 months at a time. i know what you mean about the sexism, but fortunately i dont get that problem as im well known and am friends with rilaz the manager of mambos and titos. they do it to protect some women from men that seem to have a problem with groping the women in the clubs and it is a massive problem out there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.