Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Old Gregg,
Welcome to the forum. The two main areas that get visited are Golden sands to the north and Sunny Beach to the south on the black sea coast, Bulgaria offers such a lot for the young and old alike. I go to Golden Sands every year and find it to be a relaxing break. You will find that we all help out on this forum and any question will be answered. Take a read through the threads and you will find a lot information you require. I`m sure that others on the forum will contribute there experience`s to your post.

Roger (cornish lad)
Thanks for the reply Roger, I was looking at Sunny Beach but think it may be a bit too 18-30ish for me, after somewhere a little quieter so GS may be the one. Do you have any experience of Albena? That also seems quiet so that may be an option.
Thanks again,
Sean (Old Gregg)
hi i am in my late 50s have bieng going to bg on my own for yrs have been albena golden sands and sunny beach i like sunny beach was there june and going back sep staying laguna park i dont do the rounds at night but meet lots of diffrent ages in hotel and just sit chatting and unwinding in hotel or just walking round resort at night as i feel safe or going to my room with a good book lol whatever resort u choose you will have a good time :sun2
Hi Sean,
Golden sands is very much the same as as sunny beach and as mammabear has said you will find the 18-30 visitors but it is a safe place and finding people to talk to is not difficult. Plenty of quite area`s for you to chill out. Albena is a lot smaller than the other two main resorts and would probably suite you although it is mainly all inclusive, but that is up to you which package you take. I also find a look through the holiday brochure with your travel agent helps. The majority of people book through Balkan Travel or Thompsons. Whatever you decide you will love Bulgaria it is a lovely a country and the people are very friendly. Also just one more thing it is still a lot cheaper than going to other EU countries. The Lev is currently 2.22 lev to the pound (approx). beers are 2-3 lev and even cheaper outside the resorts. Hope this helps.

Roger.
Thanks for the replies, you've been very helpful. Been looking at some reviews and am thinking Albena will do for me. I prefer the AI option, but will definitely be exploring the resort as well. Can't wait now saw some very attractive deals on Balkan Holidays website.
Thanks again everyone.
Sean
Sean, I have visited Albena 27 times as a single person, no problems, let me know of your choice of Hotel, I just may be able to give you advice. send me a pm if you wish. Tonyt
Hi tonyt, thanks for your help and kind offer. I wasn't able to send you a PM for some reason, but I am thinking of going to Hotel Vita Park, the reviews on here seem ok if a little out of date. Gergana Hotel is also an option. If you have any info on those hotels that would be great.
Thanks,
Sean
Well decided to go for it and booked 7 days AI in Ralitsa 4* next May. £434 for the week..
Sean, what dates, I fly from Gatwick 28th May for 2 weeks in Albena. Tonyt.
We'll just miss each other, I come back on the 25th, shame that would've been nice to meet up for a cheeky pint!
Sean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.