Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We flew from T1 at Easter, our taxi dropped us off on the other side of the little undercover road outside the departure doors, so it's pretty much where you used to be dropped off, you just have to cross over that little road - much easier than T2!
Hi all, we are flying from manchester next week with fca, we have the worst flight times ever with 2 young children but that is down to fc changing the carrier and hence flight times! We were due inflight meals before but I was not prepared to pay fc for their inflight meals, I tried in vain to get them included but failed! So my question, as I have not flown from manchester for years is;
What are the food outlets like at terminal 2? will we be able to get a full meal which is suitable for kids (6&4) or is it just burgers and the like? In which case we will be better off having a meal before we travel and then a snack at the airport.
T2 is not the best place for a "nice" meal :| Whenever we've flown from T2 before, we've arrived at the airport early enough to go over to T1 for a lovely meal in Garfunkels, but with all the work going on in T1 at the moment, I don't think it's there anymore :cry:
Have a look HERE, it's a list of all food outlets at the airport and their location (which terminal, landside/airside etc) :wink:
Thanks for the reply, I had looked at the website before posting, but I was unsure what served what - the site is not that helpful!
It is looking more favourable to have something on the way I think
Hi

We are staying at the radisson on the 18th June for 1 night. We are looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful to eat/drink as the prices in the radisson are too expensive. Is there anywhere like that in the airport or within walking distance outside? Or is there amy good takeaway places near we can order from?
pinkyjo,

There's nothing around the airport within close walking distance and the airport isn't cheap either. The only place that spring to mind is the Airport Pub towards the end of runway 23R/05L, about 1.5 miles walk or a few minutes in a taxi.

Darren
Pinkyo

An Evening Ranger train ticket is valid anywhere in what was Greater Manchester county, including the Airport, after 6:30pm so you could go all the way into the city centre and back for less than the price of a drink (or indeed, probably less than the difference between a Radisson drink and the same in the city!). See the Manchester city thread on the UK board for ideas.
At term 2 where is the best place to arrange to be picked up by a friend when we land back. It has got so confusing since our last time there. Taxis charge an extra £2 as they have to pay to get to the 'pick up' area. Do ordinary cars have to do this too?
charliegirl007,

Refer to Manchester airports website on the new policy for Pick-up / drop-off.

Darren
Food in Terminal One can only be purchased after security since 28th April. This is posted in case anyone is thinking of walking over there for a meal from Terminal Two. If this has already been posted, apologies.
Marg
Charliegirl

We arranged to be picked up in T2 departures.

Gail
yes just walk upto deparures or over to the train station
Just in addition to what Neknit said about the food/restaurant situation in Terminal One. The terminal at the moment is currently undergoing a major re-vamp and this has resulted in major changes to facilities on offer both land-side and air-side.

After the check-in area in now the security area. This area is muchly improved on the old one that used to be on offer, with many more scanning and security booths for passengers to pass through, making the overall security checking process much speedier. Once through security, you then come out into the area which used to be the land-side shopping section. Many of the same shops are still located here, such as WHSmiths etc... In addition to this, the food court which was located upstairs is no longer there, and neither are the windows overlooking the T3 apron area. Instead, the Duty Free shop which was located in the departure lounge has been moved to this point and through what used to be the security section. Therefore to make your way to the departure lounge and gates, you walk through the duty free shop and end up outside Dixons and Burger King etc like previously.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. I know Manchester Airport Website doesnt currently have a map available showing these changes, so thought it was worth informing people that after check-in, there are no shops, bars, restaurants, etc... untill after passport control & security.

Personally, I think the changes have made the whole departure process much nicer, especially the new security area which was very quick and efficient (especially during this busy period).

Hope this helps!!

Saul
Well, as I discovered today, the renovation at Manchester terminal 1 has put all shops and cafes etc airside, meaning the the years old family tradition of a trip to the airport to sit in the pre departure lounge watching the planes, as part of the holiday build up, has come to an end. Its quite sad, really. The 13th flor of the car park isnt as nice.

...note

thanks for moving, hadnt spotted this... :whoops
Merged to existing topic in flights.

Mark :)
I have to say I'm rather annoyed about the whole re-arrangement of T1. We have always enjoyed a lovely meal in Garfunkels, and always arrived at the airport about 3 hours before our flight to allow time for this treat, even if we were flying from T2, it's just a 10 minute stroll over the bridge to T1. Now we no longer have that option. We flew from T1 at Easter and yes, the new food/drink outlets airside are very nice, but in 4 weeks we will be flying from T2 and there are no "nice" restaurants over there :| Let's hope sometime in the next few years there will be a similar investment in T2.
Road Works on the M60 affecting Manchester Airport. The exit at Junction - Princess Parkway - will be affected by road works for the next 9 months.

I can't do the fancy thing so you can check out the details on Manchester Airport website. Their advice is to plan your journey with this in mind. My friend is travelling next week and her taxi co. has already contacted her to move her pick up forward by an hour.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.