Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
wraf137,

Rental car drop off points are clearly signposted on the main car parks of T1/2/3. They are located oposite the arrivals areas.

Darren
Just wondering if Darren or anyone else knows why the TCX flight from Dominican Republic due to land at Manchester this morning at 05.25 was diverted to East Midlands ? My son was on it and says they were told Manchester runway was shut, but surely they could have used the other runway ? Can't find any reference on web to say Manchester runway closed for any reason.
Manchester airport was shut because of snowfall. Denny
Liverpool Lou,

As denny.53 says, there was a lot of snow early sunday morning which closed the airport for just over an hour from about 0430am. Incoming flights were diverted to alternative airports including Liverpool, East Midlands, Birmingham and Gatwick. All was back to normal later in the morning. There were also some very high winds over the weekend, not enough to cause much of a problem but it was a rough approach coming back from Antigua when we landed saturday morning. All the snow machinery was lined up on standby when we taxied in so I assume it was a sudden local event which caught them by surprise.

Darren
Thanks Denny & Darren, was just curious as to the sudden diversion. Hope you had a great time in Antigua Darren. I'm hoping for no more snow as we fly out of Manchester Tuesday morning to Cape Verde.
Hi, I hope I'm posting this on the right thread...

I'm flying out of Manchester with Thomas Cook on May 8th and have just seen that they participate in the airport's express check in service (via the kiosks).

I was just wondering if anyone had used these and if they made checking in any easier?

Also, there are 6 of us travelling so does it give you choice of aisle/window seat, seats together etc.

Many thanks for any info anyone has. :)
sazajay,

There's a thread discussing this very subject here. I'm not sure if seating is allocated for you or if you can choose your own seat though.

Darren
Hi was wondering if anyone had any advice - Our group of 4 people are going to Thailand (again) and we fly at a totally different time this time. We had an evening flight before so we could take our time getting there, parking with purple parking and then transferred to the airport - vice versa on our return.

This time we fly at 9.30 a.m and have to be at the airport for 6.30 - I know the M62 from Leeds very well so dont want to risk it and drive the same day- so we were going to stay in a hotel the night before, share the parking fee no problem. The only problem we have is when I have enquired on the net for this the hotels assume we are arriving in two vehicles and only staying two weeks - we are away nearly three weeks and arriving in one vehicle. Is it worth arriving at purple parking the night before, leaving the car and getting transferred to the airport and then for us to walk to a hotel or what, any advice would be great and hopefully it wont be expensive?
Hi Sonjaj,

I know my friends used Bewleys for their long haul holiday, it was something like £130 for 15 days and then £6.00 per day for the extra days. It really depends how long you are away for as it could be a little expensive. If Purple parking is inexpensive maybe they could drop you off at Terminal 3 and you only have to walk over to say Bewleys or the Crowne Plaza (which by the way is only £69.00) per night at the moment.

Gail
Hi Gail

Thanks for that will look into this straight away.
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the Radisson at Manchester airport to BMI terminal 3?
Never been at Man airport so don't have a clue. :que

Greetings from the Lowlands,
Pendragon
Flying with FC to Antalya in August, which isn't so far away really. However when I looked on the Airport Parking site,and you have to search for the terminal you are going from, it has no flights with FC going there. I tried various ways of searching and nothing. Is it just too soon for the flight schedule to be on there? I have the flight number and a very recent invoice so I'm hoping it's correct and we aren't going to be bumped onto a Thomson flight as the last one we went on was dreadful!!

Pam :)
pendragon radisson to terminal 3 is really close should take no longer than 10mins and thats at a snails pace ;)

hope this helps

Andy
Hi keepupwith

Looking at the terminal list First Choice Airways (FCA) flies from Terminal 2. Whether it goes to your destination I dont know.

Gail
All the FC and Thomsonfly check ins are in T2, and use the same desks as each other

Pendragon, its a really short walk, as said 10 mins is plenty
Thanks adj27 and NeilTheBeaver appreciate the help. :cheers

Pendragon
Pengragon,

Your walk to T3 - be aware that you have to go through T1 and there are building works around the route out of the other side. Looked chaos last week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.