Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
it will be 84.5 degrees
Don't think there are any pubs like that in Marbella, are a few in Puerto Banus but the drinks are usually pricey. Fuengirola and Benalmadena are the places for fun pubs.
There's a nice pub by the promenade (Marbella) called Ocean's Eleven. It is right next to the Banana Tree (which I don't think it's what you are looking for).

There's a singer every night who is a wonderful entertainer (quite a nice chap, and very friendly, he sings almost anything). Prices are very reasonable, low I would say. The pub has an attached restaurant where they serve excellent food (however, don't order the lamb ribs! :) ).

Regarding the kids, it's quite normal to see young couples with their kids in the bar. Some are running around and others like to sit quietly in front of the two internet connected computers. Those that are allowed by their parents, go and play on the beach right in front. (I don't know how they've solved the non smoking issue having to do with the new regulation in force). Mature people also like the place, as it is a relaxed atmosphere and not too crowded. The singer fulfils without problem their musical requests (Frank Sinatra, Elvis, etc).

I think the place is worth a try.

In Puerto Banús you have Marvellous, which is not bad, but definitely not for kids, and much more expensive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.