Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Thanks for the info Ali47 & Empireless Emperor. Briar and the regular team seem to have covered most questions i think i could have. roll on the holidays and have fun. What was the site you have posted your review on as i am interested in what your thoughts are?

thanks
scotsman40 :D
I'm a member of DooYoo and I sometimes leave reviews on there (I don't know if there's somewhere to post them on here, anyone?) but although it has been written, it hasn't been posted yet as I'm waiting for them to add the Maharba Palace to their list of hotels.
can anyone please tell me if beach/pool towels are provided at the marhaba palace this would greatly help with my packing (more room for shoes)
thanks
Hi teddie,I was at the marhaba palace last week you will need to pack towels as they are not provided at pool or beach,

enjoy your holiday
Hi all,
If any of you are booked for the Marhaba Palace this year you will not be dissappointed. We have just returned (28th May) from a week in PEK. It was our third stay at this hotel and it is fab. Already planning next years visit !! The hotel, staff and food are all great. The only down side is the evening entertainment....however, it doesn't bother us as we like to chill out and relax after dinner in the TV lounge. The deckchairs on the beach have been replaced by sunbeds this year and yes you do need to claim your sunbed early !! :roll: 1 dinar a day ( 50p ) gets you a soft mattress for the sunbeds. If you are half board at the Marhaba, try going for lunch one day and have a meal out in the Marina at night. We booked at the La Mediterranee and I can assure you of fantastic food, service and very good value for money. Sorry Briar I'm going :offtop I will post a review soon.
Enjoy the Marhaba Palace, it's a lovely hotel.
Love Elsa. x x x x
Elsa,

Many thanks for the update!

We are arriving this Saturday evening at the (3rd june) at the Marhaba Palace :D

Was the weather good for you? We booked B&B not half board like almost all packages seem to be at the Marhaba Palace and we are looking forward to some nice evening meals at the Marina
Hi forburylion,

Did you know you can upgrade to half board or full board at the hotel ?
Plenty eating places at the Marina, as I said the La Mediterranee is fab. Four of us had prawn cocktails, (huge prawns) fillet steak, (fantastic) wine, beer, water, coffees................all for 138 dinar, approx £60.00/£65.00. (2.4 Dinar to the £1 exchange rate last week).
Have a great time.
:pele Elsa. x x x
Hi
I heard there its possible to get a massage here in Marhaba palace. I was wondering is it also possible to get beauty treatments such as manicure,pedicure facial or even to get hair set and blowdryed?
if not is there any other hotel in PEK that does it?
Thanks!! I ll be there this saturday!! So Ill try some treatments!!
Bye
:wave
Back last night from the Mahaba Palace.

Brilliant hotel, lovely food, excellent location and all round fantastic holiday.

Love Tunsia, the people and everything else :D
Returned after a week on 1st June. They do pedicures in the small salon just off reception. Most afternoons we were by the pool there was a man dressed in a white nurses outfit (!) wandering around the pool offering free massages. Didnt go for it myself as I was a little suspicious it was too good to be true!
I looked at both salons both in Marhaba and kanta and in the end went to beautician in PEK centre. It was fantastic. €4.60 for french manicure and €7.50 for pedicure. Unbelievable prices (can t believe those are tourist prices) and she did a great job as well. At first i was a bit unsure but the girls were lovely. Salon itself was small but fine!!! I spoke to the staff in French but I think they speak a bit of English as well. they are definatly used to tourists !!!Would highly recommend it!!
PS. was a bit more expensive in Marhaba and Kanta but by Irish standards it was nothing
hi can anyone help going to marhaba palace hotel in port el kantaoui has anyone been what is it like as am only looking for bed and breakfast near the center where there are lots of shops and restaurants is it a good choice or are there better places that people have stayed at other reviews seem to put it down can anyone help as its first time to tunisia too.
I've stayed in the Golf Residence a few years ago and that was OK, though probably not as smart as the Marhaba Palace. I think you should aim to be reasonably near the Marina if you want to get out and about as some of the hotels are a bit further out which makes for a long walk before you get anywhere. :roll: Of course taxis and all transport is cheap in Tunisia so it is never much of a problem. It is nice to sit in a cafe by the Marina and watch all the people, or go to the square by the fountain which is also nice. You will need to go into Sousse for the Medina and a real taste of Tunisia and you can get trains from there to Tunis and many other places, as well as buses which go everywhere.
Hi Presty

I stayed in the Marhaba palace last october - and it was fantastic. It is ideally situated right on the beach. A stroll either down the beach, or along the quiet road takes you into the Marina where there are lots of places to eat/drink/shop. I went half board, and found the food was fantastic - buffet style with lots of choice. I would highly recommend it.

kevin
Were off to Marhaba Palace on the 12th November i was wondering if someone can tell us how much bottled beer and soft drinks are in the hotel cheers
From what I can remember, you've got the normal choice of soft drinks at the hotel. As for beer, they've got their local stuff (larger) on draft, and thats about it. A lot of the local hotels stock imported bottles, but I don't remember seeing any at the Marhaba Palace. Its worth remembering that the only bottles you will get are imported, and thus going to be quite expensive.
hey i am just back from the marhaba palace and had a great time. there was no entertainment because it is out on seasons but i made my own entertainment.
issam in the american bar was so great always cheerful.
all the waiters were amazing, even when my dad fell ill they looked out for him.
the guy that goes around the pool was great also, always happy and smiling. did anyone catch his name.

by anychance does anyone have e-mail addresses for issam from the american bar and the guy who went around the pool. if so can someone send me a message with their e-mail addresses please as they were so great on holiday.

thanks
mel xx
hi can anyone help going to marhaba palace hotel in port el kantaoui on 7th october has anyone been what is it like as am only looking for half board is it near the center where there are lots of shops and restaurants is it a good choice or are there better places that people have stayed at other reviews seem to put it down can anyone help as its first time to tunisia too. any help would be much recieved. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.