Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi
After much deliberating we have decided to go to the Delfin Verde Hotel for our family Holiday this year,We have never been A/I before so not sure what to expect. Does anyone know what I/D you need eg wrist bands/ photo cards.
how far is it really from the beach ? lots of mixed reports on review site for this hotel. will the entertainment be suitable for 10, 12 14 year old's or will we have to go out?
any advice on this hotel we go to this hotel week on sat a family of 4! anyone been? thanks for any advice x
I have booked this hotel for july and have already read the reviews. Please can anyone give me any more info such as is it bottled water, do they do picnics, how far away from the airport? I have also read about a disco near by which is worrying me as Im a light sleeper. There also seems to run a small stream of water near by, does this encourage mozzies etc, it didnt look very clean on the Thomas cook video. Thanks for any info ;)
Hi,
I've booked a holiday at the Marina Delfin for two adults, two children end of May 2009. I've read the reviews on this hotel and they seem very positive. I have booked independently - a twin room for 2ad, 2ch. I am now wondering whether I am going to arrive and find that a twin room is just that - 2 single beds! even though i specified there were 2 adults and 2 children in the party! :que

Can anyone provide me with an email address for the hotel direct just so that I can check this query (and also check that they have a record of the booking - given some of what I have read about hotels having no record of bookings!)

Thanks!
delfin@marina-hotels.com

Have a good time there. Sure you will.
Hi we went to Delfin Verde last year , first time in A/I, what a fantastic hotel , we went with our 3 girls 11, 12, 14 and another family,
we hardly saw the girls all the time we were there. they had a great time, the entertainment team are great , one word of warning though, if you want a sunbed with a parasol you need to be in the Queue before 8.30 although you probaly won't need a parasol in May !! (we haven't had great weather the last few years in May but you never know this year might be different) .The rooms are fine we had 2 children in with us and there was 4 beds,
enjoy xx
Do you know whether there has been any change to the management of the Marina Delfin Verde in Alcudia? Have Marina Hotels gone down the pan? I can't get on there web site?
Going to this hotel in 4 weeks and wondered what the situation is with safety deposit boxes. Are they in the rooms or at reception and how much is it to hire one for a week?
The safe deposit box is in the room, a few euros per night to hire, about 3 euros a night I think
Thanks. Have also read in some reviews that rooms can be short of power points. From past guests experiences, is this the case for all rooms or just the odd few? Does it come down to where your room is situated? My OH will crack up if we only have one point in the bathroom as someone has stated on another site!
we never really noticed the lack of power points , so it can't be that bad.
Can anyone tell me a little bit more about the food at this hotel. I just wonder whether it's just English food, when I go away I like to try local dishes like the fish especially, etc. Does it just cater for the English palate? Also is the evening entertainment held outside or inside? If it is inside is there enough space for everyone? Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.
The entertainment is held inside .there is large patio type doors that open on to the poolside area , lots of people sit there as you can still see the entertainment from there.
as for the food, plenty of choice, but not really any Spanish type dishes, as 90% of the people are english.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.