Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Markets
12 Posts
Hi Mandy,

There's a small pazar (market) in Sunny Beach, just across the road through the resort from the 'main drag' where the Kuban Hotel is located - see sector 'D' of this map (in the square area by the Koral, Atol & Bisser).

A weekly market is also held in of of the nearby villages.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur - by any chance do you know which village has the weekly market, I think it's that one Im thinking of but could end up doing both and we were planning on hiring a car for a few days probably to go further afield so it shouldn't be a problem to get there!

Don't really fancy a bus with my daughter on crutches in case too crowded / can get seat / too bumpy etc etc!

Thanks again - I appreciate all your posts - been very very helpful!

Mandy
x
Hi Mandy,

by any chance do you know which village has the weekly market

I believe that it's in Kableshkovo, from memory, and is held on Thursdays.

Kableshkovo is just over 25km from Elenite, according to BG Maps Route Planner.

Baldur
Yes it's definetely Kableshkovo, never been but some of the Sunny Beach-Bourgas buses pass through the village, but others don't so you'd have to check.
John S.
Thank you - slightly OT but still relevant - is it easy to book & hire a car over there? Roads OK and stuff?

(sorry to be a pain - daughters condition was not nearly as bad when we booked so now doing the whole paranoid mum thing!!) getting airport assistance at Gaswick and (allegedly) Bourgas so we have use of a wheelchair in the airport (Gatwick is massive!!) but other than that should get by on crutches.

M
xx
It's easy enough to hire a car - not as cheap as some European destinations.

The main coastal roads are OK (not so with many of the smaller roads), the majority of Bulgarian drivers, though, are absolutely crazy. I have driven in Bulgaria but generally avoid doing so by choice these days, preferring to let bus/taxi drivers fight it out with their fellow countrymen.

This report by handy andy will give you some idea.

Baldur
Hi - I went to the Kableshkovo market and to be honest I didn't really think that much of it. Just the usual stuff that you could buy in Sunny Beach although it was marginally cheaper. However, that said, if you want to get out of the resort and want a change of scenery (not that the village is very scenic) could be worth it. I just wouldn't go again. We went as an excursion booked through the Balkan rep and I think it was only about £5 each so not that much for a look-see. Think we were there for a couple of hours which was more than enough time.
Cant say I am overly impressed with the markets in Bulgaria not as good as Turkish ones
fiona
Thanks Whistler & Fiona - may well just see what trips there are then and if we decide to go do it that way. Think last time we were at a market was on our honeymoon, 15yrs ago in Majorca!! Didn't really go abroad for years then only to Minorca and then 3 times to Florida so not really done a chill out holiday for ages and not with the 2 kids!

Spoke to Pete about the driving and showed him the posts on here and he's decided it's not worth the hassle or the risk to hire a car unless we absolutely have to!! He doesn't mind driving, does it all the time in Florida and drove (years ago) to France for a weeks camping holiday so it's not that just doesn't want hassle with the locals who drive like idiots!!

Thanks for the advices everyone.

M
xx
Mandy,
There is a excellent public bus service, very cheap too!) the buses are clean and you can travel into bourgas which is a major town and a lot of people from Sunny beach shop here as it's cheaper!
Loads of bargains to be had, also square where you can lounge and have a coffee.
Another place to visit is Nessebar it is quaint
fiona
Thanks Fiona - think that sounds like what we are looking for! and as long as we manage to get Amy a seat on the bus should be fine!!

Thanks
M
xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.