Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi ,

I'd guess it would take around an hour to hour and half walk at a normal pace .
It's about 5 miles from Marmaris to Icmeler so it depends on how fast you can walk.
:) Hi thanks for the quick replies I can't wait to get over there.
.... or if it's still as hot as it has been recently a water taxi is a good way to go!!! I'm also flying out next Monday. Can't wait!
where abouts do you get the water taxis from we are staying right on beach near water park.
there all along the beach. turn left or wright you will find one . they are very good.
it's a lot cheaper though to get the dolmus (the orange one) best place we found to get bus was outside mcdonalds, water taxi is more than double the price, just whatever you prefer really.
Water taxi is a nice way to go though. Perhaps you could get the water taxi there and the dolmus back or vice versa.
dolmus is 1.75 lira to / from icmeler, marmaris, takes a few minutes, but i wouldnt like to walk it in the july/aug heat
Took me about 2 hours last year from icmeler to the marina going along the costal footpath. That included a toilet stop with a pint. My kids moaned the whole way, so got the dolmus back.
me and the wife and 2 kids done this and took 2 hours
boat taxi's are fab!! it was 7lira each last year. We got the whole boat to ourselves cos it was so quiet. Lovely breeze and really pretty, definately recommend it.

love nikki xx
:D Hi thanks I will give the water taxi a try only 6 more days to go can't wait.
there is a bus to icemeler,make sure its got a blue stripe on it n orange back to marmaris
oh lucky you pieface, have a fab time! 6wks 6 days for me :D

love nikki xx
:D Thanks nikkichick will try my best I will probably need another in a few weeks as we are having a new kitchen fitted week after we get back.
hi blondie7 i thought the blue bus was for armutalan?! maybe i had too many effes in me!! :lol:
The Blue dolmus only goes as far as Sitelar(? spelling)near the Club Turban,just past Migros.It turns and goes back to Marmaris.The orange one goes from Marmaris to Icmeler and the turquoise one goes to the Amulatan area.
Takes a good two hours casual walk along the shore road ,a beautiful walk . I remember once i hailed a boat taxi to pick me and the wife up at the Marmaris Palace jetty ,which is about halfway ,just as i got on the boat i happened to yawn as it was early in the morning,the helmsman grabbed my arm and led me to the big box which covers the engine ,you lie down he said sleep you are very tired ,he even got me a pillow and placed it under my head,i thought ok i'll humour him and lay back,i felt like a right plum when the wife had to wake me up in marmaris ,moreso because by this time the boat was nearly full ,try that in a dolmus.
:omg
Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.